Im going to Disneyland!

scott

Im typing from France we arrived here a few days ago but I wasnt able to post because I forgot my password.Im sorry I dont have any apostraphes in my writing but this damn keyboard is starting to p#ss me off.Anyway,its friggin freezing over here,we just came back from an ice cold Paris.Next week were going to Euro Disney and Ill give you guys a report.... Im looking forward to excellent theming and some good rides. Toodles...... :)

Were leaving tommorow(Tuesday for you guys)and I'll give a trip report.I'm not excpecting that much to be honest....I know everyone reckons the Disney parks are the best,but why?I know theming is excellent there but a park needs more then just good theming to be the best.I know it has 4 coasters,but Dreamworld has that many to....or does it have heaps of really good Flat Rides?

Disney parks are about far far more than rides. A day at a Disney park is a journey that brings to life all sorts of fantasies. I urge you when you go, to check out everything, even the boring "kiddies" rides. Take time to soak up the atmosphere. Eat at one of the park's restaurants rather than going the fast food option and browse the shops, even if you have no intentions of buying anything. Above all, make sure you have a good time (though it's impossible not to), and we want to hear about everything in a trip report when you get back.

I echo everything Richard has said, please don't go to a Disney park & only ride the rides. Sure they are fantastic, and the theming is phenomenal, but there is so much more to a Disney park than just the rides. It's about the whole experience, even people watching whilst soaking up the atmosphere is a great way to pass some time if you get tired. Don't hurry, rushing from ride to ride, take time to enjoy your surrounds. You'll find the day so much more enjoyable if you do. And above all do not dismiss a ride as "too kiddy" (Rich said this as well), you'll find alot of the dark rides to be so much fun. Oh & tell me all abut the Phantom Manor, I'm dying to ride it, as I've heard the story is quite different to the other Disney park versions (Haunted Mansion). There's no other parks that compare to the Disney experience so enjoy it! ps, I am going to Tokyo Disney Resort in about 4 months. *excited* :D I'm such a Disney geek...

Hey all, New Member here. Just wanted to add my opinion. I just got back 2 days ago from a trip to LA which included 9 days at Disneyland and DCA and 2 days at Universal and I can tell you that there is absolutely nothing like the Disney parks. The Universal ones come close (I still haven't been to Islands) but the Disney ones are just in a league of their own. Like the others have said, the heart of Disney is the detail. And there's so much of it! You can't even begin to compare the Disney parks to ours in Australia - particularly not Dreamworld! The revenue the Australian parks make don't come close to the overseas ones! And counting rides is useless. Believe me, 1 Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye is easily worth half of the entire Dreamworld park. Not even Revenge of the Mummy comes close (although it does try to)! It's been over two years since I got one day to do most of the Disneyland Paris park, but I can tell you, it was amazing! Space Mountain is worth the cost of the trip alone! And whilst Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (backwards) is a bit of a headbanger, it's still heaps of fun! So my advice is to just have fun. Enjoy every part of it. For me the most memorable part of this trip was seeing the smiles on all the kids faces as it was made to snow on Main Street. And it's moments like those that the Australian parks just can't duplicate. But if rides are your thing then enjoy them. Because even those in themselves are in a world of their own (The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror rocks by the way!). But most of all - Enjoy it :) Thanks for listening (or reading as the case may be) Mickey C

Well,yesterday we went to Euro Disney,and I can now fully understand why the Disney parks are the best. We got up(or rather the alarm went off) at 6:30 in the morning.Had a shower and staggered out to the car.The sun doesn"t rise till about 9 during winter in France so we were still tired.We piled into the car and headed straight into hour and a half long traffic,which was thankfully dealt with quickly and we were soon paying the fifteen dollar parking fee.It was a perfect 0 degrees celcius,nice and freezing.As we were getting out of the car my sister noticed she was still wearing her slippers,and spent the rest of her day at Disneyland in slippers.Once inside the park we first headed for Space Mountain,naturally. The theming struck me from the minute we walked in.I had never been to an overseas park in a long time and had no idea that some parks actually put effort into some of there major attractions.In about five minutes we got into the train.Soon we were resting on the incline before the launch,waiting for our turn.The launch wasn't nearly as violent as T.O.T but still shocked me a bit the first time.The rest of the ride turned out to be perfect,with little headbanging,though a couple more inversion would have been good. 9/10 For Space Mountain. After that we headed for Star Wars,the simulator.Once again,unparralled theming with a not too long wait.The ride itself was okay,a bit boring but still lots of fun,and so much better then Batman at Warner Bros. 8/10 for Star Wars. After that we were hungry and headed over to the western area to a steak resturant,where we were served quickly with delicious food.The resturant itself was themed with a pianist and everything.My sister and I got out early and decided to do Big Thunder Mountain.The wait for this ride was a bit long but well worth it.I put my hands up during the ride which proved to be unwise as I didn"t have any gloves and my hands began to get numb.The ride is nice and long and well themed,with some nice speed at the end. 8/10 for Big Thunder Mountain. Afterwards we found the others and started towards Phantom Manor,which was sadly closed. Part 2 coming sometime soon(internet is as expensive as hell here so I can"t write for too long.

Disneyland TR Part 2 So after finding that Phantom Manor was closed we headed north.First of all we had a look at the Robinson familys treehouse.At the base of the tree there is a little mill.The mill itself was covered in ice, which basicaly proved it wasn’t the best weather for a Disney Park.The house itself proved fairly good,a nice addition to that area. We had actually gone to the north part of the park for Indiana Jones,but as we were looking for it we came across Pirates Of The Carribean,so we decided to go on that.The que line was massive(not the amount of people inside it but the queue itself)and it wasn’t long before we were hoping into one of the boats.You really get the impression that it’s night time in there,and unless you look hard at the ceiling you can’t tell otherwise.The amount of robots in there was amazing,and they’re very realistic.The drops themselves weren’t particularly thrilling,and we didn’t have a drop on us compared to Rocky Hollow,but I would rather ride this than any DW flume that’s for sure. 9/10 For Pirates Of The Carribean We eventually found Indiana Jones(this coaster’s tucked away nicely)and jupmped into the bamboo fenced queue.After meandering through the forest a bit,we got to the station and found only about ten people there.Luckily we got a spot in the front,and soon the small train was climbing the lift hill.As we made our way up,I noticed there was a loop to my right,which surprised the hell out of me.As Indiana Jones looked a lot like a galaxy coaster,I was not expecting a loop.Anyway,the whole ride turned out to be excellent,very smooth with an intense loop,and either this or space mountain is my favouite ride.We then went on again also in the front.Afterwards we did Big Thunder again,because the others hadn’t yet been on it.We then grabed a bite to eat near main street,and by the time we had finished it was night.It was at night when I really felt the disney spirit as you guys called it.There was music everywhere,with people dancing(pretty badly)in the street.And I don’t mean people in costumes dancing,I mean actual visitors.Walt Disney sure wanted to leave his mark.The real highlight of the day was watching the castle light up,which was stunning.The whole thing turned pink,with shining lights all aorund it.Afterwards we went on Indiana Jones(once again,no queue),which was really great at night.My sister wanted to go to Fantasy Land,which we did.My Mum forced me to go on the carousel,which I wasn’t happy about.We then rode the teacups,and after that we went to Peter Pan to find the queue was huge.So we went on Space Mountain again twice,and also got an on-ride photo(luckily we have a scanner here so I can upload my photos).My sister then ran off to Peter Pan to see if it was still open,and it was.This turned out to be a pretty fun ride and I advise you to go on it,even if it does look to kiddy as Richard put it.After that we saw the final parade on the way out,which was an excellent finale for my day at Disneyland. :) 9/10 for Disneyland.

have fun but watch out for relly relly long lines
Yeah I've been doing some research, will definitely have to maximise Fast Pass usage :). Scott, very nice TR, glad you enjoyed yourself. Nighttime is my favourite time at Disney parks as well. :) It's too bad about Phantom Manor tho, the Haunted Mansions are probably my favourtite attractions at Disney parks.

When uou are typing a new post in Adcanced mode (Not Quick reply) scroll down to the button that says "manage attachments" click it and use the window that comes up to navigate to the file you want. As for the double post, just delete it, go to edit post and then at the top of the screen there is an option to delete your post.