Demon Going to Visionland

imperial

Last time I spoke to DC he was not sure if he was going to go over to the States for various reasons but he may have changed his mind and gone I am not sure. Scream I meant to put a hammer hit in with that PM I sent you. "The Bus is now leaving for Hammer-head Point, NSW"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my seasonpass at Visionland in Bessemer, Alabama. I live close to the park so I go several times a week. I am SO happy that we got the Demon. :D All they had before was a wooden roller coaster. There was a contest for the new name for it and now it's called The Zoomerang. I can't wait till the park opens on May 8th so I can ride it all summer long. I have been sneaking behind the park taking pictures of the construction and they are finished now I think. They painted it yellow and black.

Ahh dont be like that daniel...For most australians not living near the gold coast its probably the only steel coaster they have ever ridden, therefore has to be the best they have ever ridden. Sure she was a bit rough and stuff but it was still a good ride. Hey ZOOMARANG feel free to post up some of your photos so we can have a look

OK people, its DC here in Alabama. I am posting some construction photos and some of the train. Note the revised #7 chassis with latest design #8 main axle, the same hardware that was recommended to Wonderland by Vekoma, as there has been a seperation of the rear yoke coupling which dropped the rear of the train onto the track at another park.

There was a contest for the new name for it and now it's called The Zoomerang.
I entered that contest even though I don't live in Alabama. I called it Space Shuttle. They sent me free tickets and buy one get one free coupons...lol! But what am I going to do with the tickets?

OK people, its DC here in Alabama. I am posting some construction photos and some of the train. Note the revised #7 chassis with latest design #8 main axle, the same hardware that was recommended to Wonderland by Vekoma, as there has been a seperation of the rear yoke coupling which dropped the rear of the train onto the track at another park.
Where are they? I can't see any.

I just got my seasonpass at Visionland in Bessemer, Alabama. I live close to the park so I go several times a week. I am SO happy that we got the Demon. :D All they had before was a wooden roller coaster. There was a contest for the new name for it and now it's called The Zoomerang. I can't wait till the park opens on May 8th so I can ride it all summer long. I have been sneaking behind the park taking pictures of the construction and they are finished now I think. They painted it yellow and black.
The final colours are Safety Yellow for the track sections and a light to medium green for the columns, station, lift hill walkways etc. The reason you had seen black is the shedule for erection was thrown into disarray due to weather and poor planning by Martin & Vleminkx ( the Canadian company who were contracted to complete the work ) who subseqently went AWOL without completing their agreed work.

Question: (No I'm not picking on you little Pattie), How do you get 'Space Shuttle' out of a Boomerang roller coaster? Maybe I should post your PM's for all to have a laugh at...
I have no idea why I called it Space Shuttle. And go right a head Daniel! Post them in!

I just got my seasonpass at Visionland in Bessemer, Alabama.  I live close to the park so I go several times a week.  I am SO happy that we got the Demon.  :D  All they had before was a wooden roller coaster. There was a contest for the new name for it and now it's called The Zoomerang.  I can't wait till the park opens on May 8th so I can ride it all summer long.  I have been sneaking behind the park taking pictures of the construction and they are finished now I think.  They painted it yellow and black.
Oh, OK. Nice one. Almost had us fooled. :rolleyes: Sneaking in behind the park and taking pictures? :P Well, where are they DC?

Oh, OK. Nice one. Almost had us fooled. :rolleyes:   Sneaking in behind the park and taking pictures? :P   Well, where are they DC?
Once again I am sorry for not posting the pictures, it has been so hectic over here with the ride almost ready to run, we have been working around the clock to get it ready for Saturday the 7th which is their biggest turnout for the entire season with Honda Motors bringing in 13000 people. I will get the photos on here as soon as I can.

• 4 weeks later...
Once again I am sorry for not posting the pictures, it has been so hectic over here with the ride almost ready to run, we have been working around the clock to get it ready for Saturday the 7th which is their biggest turnout for the entire season with Honda Motors bringing in 13000 people. I will get the photos on here as soon as I can.
So where are the photos, Sleuth? :D

So where are the photos, Sleuth? :D
Believe me, it is not through lack of trying, I have tried compressing them and putting them on and (after 45 mins of waiting) it still says they are too large. I am going back there next week and will try on Visionland's computers to get them on or I will get more photos. If that fails I can burn them to disk then send them to one of you people and they can put them on. Sorry....