Are they doing anything with the new matrix movie?

Shaun

Are they doing anything special with the release of the new matrix movie? (like they did with harry potter) No advertising or anything....? Maybe they have a big Matrix themed b&m coaster hiding out the back for us to release with the new movie? j/k :D I can dream... I think a floorless or flying coaster would suit the theme just fine :) cya Shaun

Well, not just because I'm a thrill junkie (I will gladly watch any theme park show, even over rides), but I really think that is a really poor choice, for reasons I've said a lot, mostly to do with park capacity and flow of people. Another reason would come if you look at what they've done to the shows around the park. They've essentially ruined Police Academy with a new intro, which really does take away from the show. They gradually turned the Wild West Action Show, something that was to me, far better than Police Academy, into a pathetic light and smoke show, and then into an even more pathetic superstar show. They turned the street parade into a tacky, unoriginal show, and completely ruined the aesthetics of Main Street with the disgusting cable and adjoining platforms. A particularly unspectacular 'Bat Spectacle' takes place every day, which combines bad audio with pretty plain visuals. And you really think that with that track record, something good could ever, ever come out of Movie World's inhouse staff? Sorry if my pessimistic mood is coming across strong recently, but I think the truth hurts. I'm curious as to how it looks more like a show over a ride. I know I've not been visiting the parks as much recently, and there are undoubtedly rumours that are skipping me :), but the way I see it, at this stage, it might as well be either, both or none. Anyway, Movie World, go with the show, take the cheap, easier option, and sack another group of performers 18 months down the track as a result of unpopuarlity. I'm sure the recently delayed Superman movie that (was) due out within the next few years would make a good theme for the next show. What the future holds for the Maverick building after that, no one knows.

Well I guess your tune has changed. First you are all praise about the park and the great new style rides that it puts out and even get some free publicity for your self from the parks tv adds for the Scooby Doo Ride, and now you have nothing to say about the park that is good. Your haveing more moods swings than a pregent woman and trust me I know about that. If you are going to have something to say about the park that is this bad, then send it to the park. But then again, you really don't need to as the parks look at your fourms every week for themselfs anyway,( at least the contacts within the parks that I have do.) Instead of putting the parks down, give them ideas as to how to improve the park and this will enable the park to build/expand in a way that will bring the public back to the park and will also make it a better place for all. As an old teacher of mine said, "If you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing at all".

sometimes I think people forget that warner bros movie world gold coast is A MOVIE THEME PARK which competes against UNIVERSAL STUDIOS IN HOLLYWOOD and last I saw they dont have 1 coaster. as for people who go to movieworld they are not all teenages and young adults who run for lethal weapon they are alot of people who come to see shows and movie stuff.

I'm by no means putting the parks down. I'm just giving my learned opinion on the park. These aren't moodswings or anything. I praise Movie World for the high quality and thorough ride that is Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster. I praise them for the brilliantly themed Wild West Falls. I praise them for the intense and thrilling (though often rough and slow-loading) Lethal Weapon. I praise them for hands down the best theme park food in Australia. However, as I've said before, there are problems with the park. I believe that their live attractions have been steadily going downhill, as I mentioned previously. My ideas have been communicated with the park.

I'm all too well aware of the fact that Movie World is a family park above all. Never once did I say I wanted a coaster, or a thrill ride. My argument against a show is solely to do with crowd management. My opinion is that a show wouldn't be done as well as it once could have been. Movie World is a very small park, with a pretty undesirable layout. It doesn't handle even small crowds terribly efficiently and easily. You've all seen Main Street after Police Academy, where it is impossible to get anywhere. During the Bat Spectable, it's near impossible to get out of the Southern end of the park. Adding more shows will reduce the numbers of people around the park for the duration, but look out when the show ends, particularly if they take the (pretty well thought out) Sea World approach, to synchronise shows (which is fine for Sea World, where its bigger, and more ways to get from A to B, but it mightn't work as well at Movie World). Really, it is my thought, and always has been, that whatever comes for Matrix (or anything in the future), should involve a major expansion, creating a loop at least around Maverick and Scooby Doo into Lethal Weapon. That'll let the crowds at least flow smoothly in a circle. Once this recurring problem has been solved, and I've not even talked about new (high capacity) rides, then we can put something in the Maverick building. Warner Bros. Movie World may have once been considered to be in competition with Universal Studios Hollywood, but I'd think that the Japanese Universal and Disney parks have pretty well fixed it. And if we're going to compare these two studio parks, then let's give it a go: Wild West Falls - Jurassic Park Batman the Ride - Back to the Future Special FX Tour - Special Effects Stages (Universal uses films people might know) Studio Tour (well and truly gone, but no loss) - Studio Tour (it's kept modern) Marvin the Martian - Shrek 4D, Terminator 3D Superstars (gone) - Spiderman Rocks! (though one, I know) Gremlins (gone), Looney Tunes River Ride- Backdraft Looney Tunes Revue - Animal Planet Live Looney Tunes Village - Nickelodeon Blast Zone Harry Potter - Mummy Returns: Chamber of Doom Police Academy Stunt Show - Water World Bold is the winner (of course, all my uneducated opinion), if there's no bold, there's no winner. Universal seems to come out on top to me. All that's left at Movie World is Lethal Weapon and Scooby-Doo. Two fantastic rides, but let's face it, bigger budgets would blow these two out of the water. Universal Hollywood also looks at least double or triple the size as well, so it might be possible to movie around there.

Richard, you have a few good points there but you forgot to mention the important thing that is Different between the parks and that is the opening date or how long the park has been open. While the parks that you mentioned, (Universal) have being open for quite a few years (uncertain of how long), WBMW have only been open for the last ten years and proberly don't have anywhere near the budjet that these other parks have. Are we asking a bit to much of the park to put in two large thrill rides back to back? I am still hopefully that the next ride is coming by the end of this year and that it will be a coaster of some sort, but i am not holding my breath.

I didnt mean it competes what I was trying to say is it is a movie studio type theme park. like if you went to, say knotts or sfmm then went to universal (as a coaster fan) of course universal would let you down a bit, and thats the same down thrill = dreamworld family/ movie = WBMW water = WNW sea life= seaworld and remember we dont have the money to be building just $20 millon coaster each year.