Sign in to follow this  
ausnrl

Runnaway Reptar Vs Road Runner

28 posts in this topic

I reckon Reptar is better, even if i haven't been on both, reptar looks much better than Road Runner (even though i think the Road Runner Series is a very good series) i still think Reptar is a much better coaster.

I agree with you Paul. The Runnaway Reptar would have to be better because it goes higher [i think] and being inverted is funner. The Road Runner Looks good to but i just prefer the Runnaway Reptar.

I like both but Reptar has alot of head banging and it is the only one of it's kind in the southern hemisphere but Roadrunner is suprisingly fast for a kiddie ride and very smooth (strange of Vekoma) but the brakes are very harsh on it. So Given both i like both of them

Road Runner for me. Reptar is a good ride, but Road Runner is faster, is quite well themed and has a very well designed station. Reptars only trick is that it is inverted. Granted, that is quite a cool thing, but the ride feels like it never really gets going, where as Road Runner is forceful right from the start.

When i am on it my head hits the restraints realy hard expecialy on the turn over the station platoform i might just have a big head though. and i agree with you Joz it feels so much slower than roadrunner and it takes so long to get going and when it does get going you are just pulling into the brake run (at least Vekoma got their braking formula right as it just glides through nice and gently)

Yeah but runaway reptar coaster is designed more for the kids visiting the park not teens and adults. Plus its named after a kids show so in order for it to be liked by the kids it needs to be a bit more gentle.

I love them both (inner child), but I do have a slight problem with the road runner as the carriages are way too small. I went with a mate of mine and we are both only tiny people and he almost ended up sitting on me on some of the turns, although I do give it thumbs up for the speed. The road runner has a tendency to have a much faster turn around with getting people on and off the ride, the Dreamwordl staff seem to take forever. The other thing is the raptar seems to last longer, and it it is inverted. Both two smooth great rides!!!!

I find it funny that the only people voting for Runaway Reptar are those that haven't been on Road Runner, which I would have to say is a superior ride in many ways. It's a more intense ride, and you won't ever find 90 minute queues for it, which is more than you can say for Reptar (and it has nothing to do with the quality of the rides).

Reptar for me. I have ridden both but Road Runner takes it. It is higher and packs more of a punch with the turns than reptar
Is it just me or is Steve contradicting himself? He says "Reptar for me" and then goes on to say "Road Runner takes it". Make up your mind and try again. "The Bus is now leaving for Repton, NSW"

Being Inverted Makes the ride kinda scarier cause when your riding you get swung from side to side. Looking at the coasters on top of the tracks you dont really swing around so comparing the leathal weapon and the cyclone the inverted lethal weapon swings more. Plus the inverted has more track types like inline twist, loop, upside down etc if you were upside down on a normal on top coaster you wouldnt like it as much.

roadrunner because its fasters and better themed. Also I have drinken alot tonight but need to say (Insane_eskimo your screen name and avatar rock)

Inverted coasters and regualr coasters are able to do exactly the same kinds of manouvers so i dont know where you got if from that Inverted coasters have more "track types" ("did you mean track elements") I think both coaster types have their merits, you can get the feeling of your legs being chopped off on an Inverted coaster, but normal coasters can have head choppers. On inverted coasters your legs can dangle freely, but on some normal coasters (premier loopers for example) can have lap bars, giving upper body freedom. They are just completley different rides

Being Inverted Makes the ride kinda scarier cause when your riding you get swung from side to side. Looking at the coasters on top of the tracks you dont really swing around so comparing the leathal weapon and the cyclone the inverted lethal weapon swings more. Plus the inverted has more track types like inline twist, loop, upside down etc if you were upside down on a normal on top coaster you wouldnt like it as much.
Rubbish. Being inverted merely gives you no place to put your feet. You still face the same way, when turning your body is still at the same angle as on a sit down coaster, and the Lethal Weapon doesn't really swing, it turns. And I much prefer to be upside down on a normal enclosed car/train, it just feels better. You said you wanted a response, there you are.