• Launched
    • Floorless
    • Inverted
    • Suspended
    • Bobsled
    • 4 dimension
    • Wooden

30 posts in this topic

So out of the options above what is your favourite type of coaster?I've only been on Inverted,Launched,and Sitdown.Myfavourite is launched,with inverted coming close and sitdown last.Launched coaster are just alot more thrilling in my opinion.

Intamin Rocket easily miles out in front - the perfect coaster IMO 4-D comes in Second Stand Up comes in 3rd Closeley behind that would be floorless and GIB. Also a pretty big fan of the Hyper and Gigas

Come on guys,put a bit more effort into voting.We have about 350 people on the site yet only 8 can vote?And say why you like one type better then the other.Also,can I make adjustments to the poll once I've posted it?

Out of the choices given I voted wooden. Nothing beats a GOOD woodie...if it has tons of air, rough enough but without breaking your back (like bush beast used to), then I'll ride it all day. The perfect example of a perfect woodie was Ghostrider in the BACK seat in it's opening year. It's gotten a bit TOO rough of late but the first time I ever went on it was at 10pm on a Staurday there in summer, in the back seat, and to this day I still think that experience is unmatched by anything else (and i've done alot of coasters!)

. Launched: just love the speed!
What did you think of Space Mountain at Euro Disney?It's an excellent coaster,and I loved the launch,but I only remeber going upside down twice,whereas some people say it has three inversions.

What did you think of Space Mountain at Euro Disney?It's an excellent coaster,and I loved the launch,but I only remeber going upside down twice,whereas some people say it has three inversions.
It's a fine ride, but I like Rock'n Roller coaster more :P Also one of the finest launched coasters is the Shuttle Loop from Schwartzkopf. We're very lucky to have one in Belgium :D:D

Anything that has the words "Intamin" and "launch" in the same sentence. I have always loved Intamin's track and train designs too. The Tower Of Terror pod design is purely amazing, and intamin accelerator track (particularly 4 tube for anyone picky) just looks awesome. Preferably in red.

Forget launch coasters their good but they dont match Wooden coasters when comes to Airtime.Lateral Gs and Atmosphere.Great Coasters International are building some of the best rides around.Check out Thunderhead,Lightning Racer and Boulder Dash. Then their are the older wooden coasters that are still wowing them like Pheonix(knoebels) and Beast (kings Island). I do also like BM inverts and Schwarzkophf Looping coasters

My experience on coasters is limited to whats at DW and what was at WLS. Therefore i dont think im really qualified to vote on this. However I will say i love the look of wooden coasters. There is just something about it that impresses me!

A coaster with something different. A good tophat, a lift and rotating station (like SDSC), face-first vertical drop, some good airtime, etc, and definitely a smooth ride and great first drop. The type doesn't really matter. Not really into boring old sit-down steelies. Scott, I didn't think much of Space Mountain- too rough. I got a headache (I'm kinda old for that sort of thing). I'm looking forward to trying a standup, and also a bobsled and floorless. BTW, what is a 4 dimension? Caroline

A 4th dimension is a coasrer like X at six flags magic mountain. Anyway, my favourtie coaster types are the Intamin Accelerator, The B&M Inverter and the Maurer Sohne Spinning coaster, the only park that has all 3 is Alton towers so i gotta plan a trip there.

Maurer Sohne Spinning coaster
Never heard of those before.Also,I never new there was a launched coaster at Alton Towers.Is this that Ride Rita thing? Please Keep voting people.

Been there, done that (Spinball Whizzer). :D:P My avatar is Spinball Whizzer, not a great photo but it wasn't a great day when we were there, grey all day, but at least it didn't actually rain. It was great fun, but I think I prefer Oblivion for a completely new experience. I wanna go baacckkkk!!!! What is this Rita? Surely Alton Towers doesn't have a new coaster? SW is only new. Actually, I've just done a search and found it- another coaster for Alton Towers, due to open 4/4/05. Wow! Now I've gotta go back. Soon.