LW Rehab

rappa

Just thought I'd start a new thread rather than keep going in the DW forum. Yes the ride will be down most of Feb. I wouldn't hope for any chance of a refund as this is public knowledge on their website and all rides go down from time to time in off peak periods. Besides out of any ride at MW I'd say the best one to have down is LW. You really aren't missing anything as major as if most of the other attractions were down. I also think it's great to see this ride getting such an extended rehab, hopefully it will come out running great afterwards.

I last rode Lethal Weapon in about October I believe. I was truly shocked and amazed. The coaster was smooth. There's still the tracking problems that give it a few awkward jolts, but at no stage was there any headbanging. Let's hope that they can do something about getting two trains running on it more regularly. They're pretty good with having both going during the holidays, but "off peak" isn't an excuse when queues still hover around the hour mark.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that the ride will be down for a total of 5 weeks. This length of time would allow for anything in the line of drilling or digging of footers in the area of the ride. I mean if you are going to move a large crane or hole digger around in the area of the ride, (mentioned in another post as a possible site for the new ride) you really don't want the ride in opperation. All it takes is one little foot to get broken and we are in the same boat as the USA with a law suit on the parks hands. Looking at the area around the LW, you could see this becoming a possible thing, so while the LW is in rehab, I would be trying to get into the viewing area to see if there is anything else happing. Just a thought.