TOT Construction

T-bone

• 9 months later...

I think you can a buy black and white magazine that has pics of the Tower of Terror being constructed and ride shots from Dreamworld. Try that. If not, yep, that Ultimate Rollercoaster's the only option.

PattieBoi, it's not at all stupid, I in my younger days have seen the Tower of Terror being built and have seen heaps of photos of the ride's construction, and like any other ride the large steel columns that hold up the I-beam (the track that is) where the first to go in, so if you were to take a ride down the Model T Fords given the Ford's original track design overlaps and interweaves with the supports, it looked very much like something else was going in. On a side note, the cranes used in the construction of the Tower of Terror were actually the highest stand alone cranes ever used from memory, as every single piece of steel (such as the main components, which are around 10m per piece) had to be brought up in sections one by one. And before any newbies question me on how they build skyscrapers taller, sky scrapers come in hundreds of tiny bits, just take the centre point tower for example, they're basically built from the inside out, whereas since the parts were so large, a stand alone crane solution was the only viable way to do things, provided they didn't have enough money to haul in some chinooks. However, and i'm not one hundred percent sure for once, most core machinery parts are brought in via helicopter, as bringing up 400kg parts on your back up 40 storey's worth of ladders and pathways isn't good regardless of how strong you are.

In this archived dreamworld page it says that it is one of the largest in Australia, not the largest in the world. http://web.archive.org/web/19980205210132/...m.au/tower.html There would have to be way bigger cranes, Skysrapers may have some done from the inside, but they still need cranes. Just look at Eureka tower in Melbourne.

With skyscrapers such as Q1 on the Gold Coast, the crane is placed ontop of the construction and it gradualy moves up as construction moves ahead. Since Q1 got too high for the crane to come down eaisilly, it has been taken off the tower, which now gives the builders a very slow process to build the top levels