Luna Park Trip Report 19/12/04

screammachine

Hello All I went to Lunapark with a group of my mates. It was totally unplanned as we just wanted to hang about the city but got bored around two. So one of my mates suggested that we go across the bridge to LunaPark. We all agreed and went to TownHall Station and waited for our train. We got to the park around 2pm. And by then the sun was out and it made for a great day. We entered the park and went straight to buy the Yellow Wristband ticket, which is the all acces rides thingy. We started at the front of the Park. First off it was the Rotor, which is boring and makes you feel sick without reason! Blah!! 6/10 The UfO was closed due to some maintenance! Thank Goodness! As I dont like spinning rides.. Next up was the Tango Train which is an AWESOME ride!! The que was only a one cycle wait and the Ride Ops were fast friendly and couldnt get any better.. 10/10 The Dodgems which had about 20mins wait on them. Overall it was a great expierence. Call it a group ride as it would be boring with just one or two makes! Some fat chick decided to go against the rules and do a U-turn. The Carny screamed at her and stopped the ride. She then started it up again and the fat chick blocked the whole round area which pissed me off.. I made her feel how angry I was.... 6/10 Stupid fat chick! Next up was the Denominator which had a 3cycle que time. It seems to be pretty popular! Its an enjoyable ride and gives you a good view.. 7/10 We then ventured to the Wild Mouse. Being 19 and not a short ass me and my mate squeezed into the small car and halfway up the hill my leg went into spasm... But luckely decided to die down when we got to the top. Its a great ride! Very Thrilling!! Its got a good location and great view. I think the fact that its really old makes it more scarier! The corners are awesome, Its got great speed! 8/10 It lost the marks because the cars are so small and compact. Next up was thew Tumble Bug which was about 5mins wait. A good ride but gets boring after the first cycle. Its a bit more thrilling seeing as its mountain on a roof top and pretty high up. 7/10 Coney Island was next on our list but gave it a miss and decided to go out to Beloney's Corner. I dont like the whole pirate ship ride and neither did two other mates of mine. So we waited while my 3 of the other ones went on the Ranger. When they came off they complained and said that they feel all wierd in the gut from the ride! And I said I told you so! hehehe 0/10 Didnt ride it.. Now for the Big one! Hard Rock.... Ok this baby is similar to The Claw but a different look and etc etc... Waiting in the que and looking at the ride in motion freaked me out quite a bit. It looked like a smooth ride but spun very fast. After about 4 cycles of swining side to side. The whole "claw" locks up and just swings. Now for the scarier part. After about +-4 swings it starts spinning "hella" fast! While swingin fast! I gave a big gulP! Up next was our turn and I was a bit shaky gettin on the ride. The seats are a bit crap. They cup in and it makes an uncomfertable ride. The restraints give you no Arm freedom at all! It basically locks your arms in place. Ok the floor gave way and the seats started rotating. I'm thinking ok this isnt so bad.... Then the arm started spinning.... Yeah this is ok... Start pickin up speed and all of a sudden bang the G-Forces on the start of the ride is Unbearable!! You should have seen the peoples faces! It was easy to see as we were facing each other. It was a case of eyes wide shut and an expression of pain/ or am I gonna be sick feeling.. When I got off I wasnt too happy! NOT HAPPY JAN!! Do you guys know if its the same case on the Claw?? How are the G's on that ride??? The Spider... Its a fun and great ride! Especially if the person in the Carriage infront of you spews their guts out!!! IT WAS SOOO BLOODY FUNNY! And just before when we were in the que we spoke about the movie Called Problem Child where the kid turns the ride up full blast and everyone spews. And look! We had some random puking out baby food infront of us! I never thought it happens in real life! And the first thing that popped up in my head was RCT3. And i was thinkin "Now I know why they all spew!" But a great ride!! 10/10 Yeah Baby Food!! Coney Island was great but we got bored after being on the slides once! :-P 5/10!! There is this electronic game you can play where you can win a PS2 game/ Controler/ Memory Card etc etc... This is the story. The dude infront of us spent 30bucks tryin to finish buildin the blocks up the top but always screwed up on the last two or last block.. He had a crowd of about 20people watchin him play. So this guy runs outta change and I decide to have a go. 1'st time and one dollar later..... Dammit! 2'nd time and $2 later! OMG OMG dude I won... I won the Shrek 2 PS2 game. You shoulds seen this guys face, I could see he wanted to strangle me! :-P By then it was 7pm and we decided to go on the Ferris Wheel before leaving the park.. If it was in any other park I would have givin it a 1/10 but this ride is amazing! The view is breathtaking! Its a great ride!! A must do... 10/10 Great View In general LunaPark is a great "mini themepark". The staff are amazing and great to talk to! Their friendly and very helpfull! I give them 10000% Also try the Meat Pie!! Hmmm also the Icecream shop.. The food is great! bit overpriced but you pay for the view! :D Have a good one... ;) Screammachine

Note to all concerned: This is constructive critisism, it is not flaming. I think that you need to put a bit more effort into your scoring system and the way you reviewed the park. Unless the Ranger was complete and utter tosh, in no way does it deserve 0/10, and you didn't even go on it. So I think you were a bit unfair on it. And you say you don't like spinning rides, such as the UFO, yet you loved the TANGO train, which is nothing but spinning, same with the Spider, and, uh, every other ride there basically. You also didn't give a score to the Hard Rock, this is one not just based on what you thought the ride was like, but also presentation etc. Also, how is the rotor boring? The gravitron is boring, the rotor is pretty nifty because there are no real limits to where you can stick to the wall. It's a great ride. It also would have been nice to see some general points about the parks layout, presentation etc etc etc. But yeah. Those are my thoughts. As a side point, is there anyone else that hates the Ranger?

Mhe... My effort goes into coasters not cheap flat rides...(gets tomatos thrown at me) Thats about it.. I dont hate the Ranger please dont think that. I've never liked flat rides and especially Pirate Ships. They do nothing but make me feel sick.. And as for the long essay... I guess thats the outcome of Advanced English in HSC, can't say the same for my spelling! (ouch!) Guess I wont have to do my trip report when I go to the USA for 6months next may ;-) It will be tooooo detailed. Screammachine Oh yeah hardrock gets 8: Thrilling, with bad g's.

yeah,I watched my local ones at Newport Arms,which i can see from my deck and they were great,they went for 15 minutes but straight away we went inside to watch the Sydney ones(missed the 9.00 fireworks,they were supposed to be really good too). The Sydney were really cool but there was way too much Richard WIlkins through the coverage

• 3 weeks later...