Huss Rainbow Video

HussRainbow

First of all, yes steve that is all my footage. The ride pretty much varies in excitement by the way it runs. If its run fast, and creative, then it gives a good ride. I did notice the O'Neills operator not having too much fun with it, just the basic side to side over the top motions, none the less for me I give it a 9 or 10, because its just a fun ride, its massive, impressive and unbeatable smoothness, which is typical Huss. The ride does have the simple lap bars, which is great. You really notice the difference with Ali Baba, because you get no air time what so ever on it. Still a classic, and im glad it's in Australia, with another model on its way down under shortly. Chris

The ride pretty much varies in excitement by the way it runs. If its run fast, and creative, then it gives a good ride. I did notice the O'Neills operator not having too much fun with it, just the basic side to side over the top motions,Chris
Basic side to side and over the top motions?? Huss mate thats all it ever does!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

No dude, belive me, wittingslow used to give awesome ride, of course it goes side to side, but wittingslow would do good things, stopping it at the top, bringing it up and over with the first go. Also Joz, O'Neill Shows, bought Rainbow from Wittingslow, but it is rumored at the moment, that a brissie showman has purchased one from the UK, and is set to arrive in qld on the 21st for major refurb. Don't ask me why O'Neills dont travel it, because its a real shame to know that it sits there for most of the year, and gets used for the easter show, and maybe a christmas carnival. Im really not happy, so I hope this new rainbow is Indeed coming to oz!, but its just like Zipper, why do we have soo many, good to have, but 5 is like enough!

Yes, but since Sydney doesnt get the ALI BABA anymore, you can really tell the different between the two, its better on rainbow, have a nice hydrolically smooth ride, with good air time points, rather than a shakey machine, that gives no airtime, and at full speed shakes at the top. The zipper is rated soo much higher because of its reputation, it was a ride that changed the industry, and since its debut in the 60's still a pleaser, ill decide next week, if its uncomfortable! Yes, but Chaos isnt exactly like it, only the rotating cars are similar, but Zipper has proved more successful than chaos

Huss mate i think its very clear from what you say that you are completely biased. If you find yourself attacked so much on this site maybe you could consider this and realize its the reason your comments dont get much credibility. Smoothness is just one of many things that make a ride good AND smoothness and a good ride DONT always go hand in hand. (with the exception of coasters maybe) Some of the best rides i have been on are the ones that feel like your gunna die on them! Take the zipper or turbo for example... The sense of danger is a key element (of many) that make a ride thrilling! Smoothness would not be key for most people... Zipper is rated as good because it is good, not because of reputation. The reason your beloved rainbow is probably attacked so much it probably cos by comparision its rather thrill-less. But hey im not having a go at you, im just stating fact. Read the comments of other users in this thread to find that out. But hey having never been on it myself i wont give a personal oppinion for the simple fact that i wont argue out of ingnorance. For the fact that your such a die-hard fan of this ride i give you credit, but perhaps you should consider that most people dont hold to your ideals about this ride and back off a little....just a thought

Well I was just saying, rides like Rainbow aren't fun when they are shakey, it just makes for an annoying ride, and I have said it time and time again, of course it is not classified as a THRILLING ride, even if it was released 2 years ago say, it wouldnt be thrilling, its just a good family ride, that A.R.Ms Ali Baba/1001 Nights fails to meet the standards of. I find Hard Rock more thrilling and exciting, and I find Rainbow, a fun, relaxing ride, where you can go on to get "pumped" for the thrillers. Zipper is highly based on scare factor, and I can't wait to ride it this tuesday!, 60% of me is sh!t scared, and the other 40% is totally pumped and excited to ride it!

• 2 weeks later...