Wonderland

bren79

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was trying to say is how come the management did not get the ball rolling correctly with advertising, decent promotional stuff etc...before, when they had the chance, maybe then if Wonderland improved the figures via the gate it would of not come to this. You have to admit the later wonderland branding and advertising was pure rubbish, like they ran some "win a free wonderpass" competition at a local tafe for advertising students.
Wonderland's management under Galbraith are directly responsible for Wonderland's underperformance, which in turn led to it's owners deciding to cut it loose. Had the park been investing in the right places, advertising and operating in the right markets and operating seasonally as it was originally intended to do (aka the US theme parks) then it would have been turning a reasonable profit at least similar to other overseas parks, and the owners would have had no trouble keeping it or investing in further infrastructure, or seeking other buyers who wished to keep the park operational.
Both of these comments have the same answer. Sunway bought Wonderland as an investment and the key thing with an investment is maximum profit for minimum outlay. I am sure everyone will agree that Sunway did that perfectly. The on site management could only do as much as their budget would allow and that meant a measly sum for advertising and a non-existent budget for new attractions(rides).
Now now, there's nothing wrong with Labor, only Bob Carr.
Just like there is nothing wrong with Michael Costa, Andrew Refshauge, Diane Beamer, Morris Iemma, Craig Knowles, I would go on but I think you get the point. I agree with Zordy's analysis of Western Sydney's 'attractions'. The tourists who go to Featherdale only do so because it is on the way to the Blue Mountains, the same happened at Wonderland. Tour groups would literally there for 30 minutes, which was just enough time to get a photo with a Koala. Parklea markets a tourist attraction, hahahaha. Considering there is Paddy's in central Sydney why would tourists go out there, especially considering it's only open on weekends. The Olympic venues are hugely under-utilised. Yes the Sydney games where the best but that doesn't mean that 4 years later the venues are still popular. Warragamba Dam used to be completely open to the public, you could walk across it and even have a tour into it but now there is only a viewing platform at the other end of the town up on a cliff. "The Bus is now leaving for Hainault Tourist Mine, Western Australia"

Zordmaker, Lets face it, Featherdale would not be around today if the tourists didn't bother to come..or if the asians had the views of "bren79"...but they don't...agree? ..etc
Personally I think Featherdale is a disasterous embarrassment for Western Sydney, and most people who I have met from here (who have actually been there) agree. Featherdale is not a park, it doesnt even qualify as a backyard. Some of the incarcerations there are downright cruel, and RSPCA has been known to take an interes on more than one occasion. Of course those that have never been there (which would probably be the majority of Westies) think it's just fantastic. Even today BCC still argues over the fact that it simply shouldn't be there (in zoning terms) and (of course) every attempt to extend it by the tourist bleeding owners has been met with a flat "NO" from Council. Complaints from neighbouring residents present a constant stream in the BCC letterbox. The irony is that back in the 60s the site used to be much larger before the owners subdivided to create sections of Doonside. Those same residents are now their worst enemies. Another irony.. Ill bet the registers are ringing louder than ever with the AWP gone. ZordMaker

If Costa is Dr. Evil then who is Mini Me?  And when is Mini Me going to smack Dr. Evil in the nuts with a ball on a string?
Of course... the ONLY little guy in Australian Politics... Little Johnny Howard... although I think Michael Caine's comments about him being a tripod are a little overzealous...

• 3 weeks later...
LOL ..Michael Croaker a great theme park mind...gimme a break. The man was an MC at Sea World , and anyone who knows him knows how much a a dead *#@* he was, how he had no idea and was pretty full of himself.   . ...
Wow!...Now you can visit Michael Croaker's personal website..How Cool! Guys & Girls, don't you all agree he looks dashing in the fireman uniform!!! http://www.croakerentertainment.com.au/latest_news.htm