Sign in to follow this  
Richard

The Construction of Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster

10 posts in this topic

Photo Gallery: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=130 This gallery contains 35 photographs showing Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster under construction, taken from February 2002 until the ride opened four months later. It gives an interesting look at one of Australia's most unique attractions, including many shots showing how exactly the elevator lift works on the ride.

Those pictures are really good to see the inside of the ride before the big casing was put around,especially for people who havent ridden it Nice Pics:)

Hey Rich, was this a formal "you may come in and take photos" shoot or a sneaky over the fence style shoot? Im curious to know whether you have any photos from INSIDE the warehouse area where the laser light show happens.... i'd like to see that in daylight...

I can answer this one for Richard. During the building of the ride, you were able to see inside alot of the ride from the entrance to the LW coaster and all of the pictures were taken from outside construction fences. I was also at the park with Richard on one day when some of these pictures were taken and it was not hard to see into the building or the parts out on the ground. This is the only way that pictures should be taken during construction unless you have written permission from the park to enter the building site due to work place health and safety laws.

I remember when this ride opened for some reason I thought it was a temporary thing like the Harry Potter tour. Later I found out that it wasn't temporary and it was also one of the best rides in Australia. It's interesting to see it being built.

Firstly, I must congratulate you on this fantastic site. But secondly, when I click on the link, all i get is a page saying "Sorry, you are not yet authorised to view this page." The yet in there seems to indicate I will get access sometime, so how long do I have to wait? Cheers, Logan