Tr

willsy

Well, just got back from qld today, Wentto DW for 2days, All was good had fun there. Went on the 28th dec, huge crowds, the car park was full and the grass areas aswell, Rode the claw 6 times that day (about 20mins waiting time) Done most of the other rides, waiting time was good, longest wait was about 45mins for cyclone, GD was about 1/2hr, TOT was about 20min when it was working (it shutdown for about 1 1/2hrs cause of a loud noise when it launched in the middle of the day) had good day spent 10hrs there, Got to ride the Claw and TOT in the dark, Goto that was awsome, totally different ride at night. Went back on the 3rd Jan, crowds weren't as bad, yeah rode all the rides again. Got heaps of photo's and videos, Andsome night shotsof DW and the claw, will post some later tonight.

I think the park open from 9am to 7pm from the 27th Dec to the 30th or 31st December and i remember reading it will be open till 7pm for about 4days some time in Jan about the 10th maybe (not sure though) Gota say the park looks good at night time. Heres some photos from my trip to DW

Wipeout was going good, It sounded good to. Alot of people left, I rode the TOT 6 times around 6.30pm, Didn't have to get off cause no one was waiting. Alos i think it was you paul asking about the ride thing at Surfers Paradise, Got some photos of it. The ride is just standing there, Has cable hanging from it, But around the base just has dirt and all kinds of crap(wood, chairs, old benches, old bits of fence etc)

Yeah that was me willsy. Thank you. Now this was Skyhawk from Wonderland. This ride (Re-named "The Parashooter") was meant to be up a long time ago. By the looks at that picture, it looks like it has gone through a major re-hablilitation. And looks better than ever before. Now is it me, or does it look alot higher than when it was at Wonderland? Maybe alex, or Bus can tell me i' wrong here. It just seems alot taller. Anyway, that is appreciated willsy and i thank you very much.

no paul that height is bang on target. remember that in goldrush, hawk was surrounded by a lot of other things, that dwarfed it, including trees, as well as buildings and structures nearby which minimised the apparent height. hawk's current location is a vacant lot with very little other than other tall towers, which, in that pic, doesnt really show..

It looks the right height to me. I can't remember its exact height though. Steve, Paul's question was "Is there any other rides out there like Skyhawk?" not are there any other rides in that location. To answer your question Paul, I'm not sure but I would think that there would be/have been a few around as it was reasonably popular with families. "The Bus is now leaving for Tommy Hawk Bore, South Australia"