Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

21 minutes ago, New display name said:

I thought MW had 4 flat rides already.  Is MW getting rid of some?

4 currently (2 adult, 2 kids), 5 when Marvin opens. @DaptoFunlandGuy didn't count the kids ones.

• Batwing
  • Doomsday
  • Looney Tunes Carousel
  • Sylvester and Tweety Cages
  • Marvin Cosmic Boom

There will be 9 coasters in 2025, counting the Boomerang as two and assuming Surfrider is moved.

• DC Rivals
  • Superman Escape
  • Green Lantern
  • Scooby
  • Road Runner
  • WOO SFC
  • WOO Boomerang 1
  • WOO Boomerang 2
  • Surfrider

Still crazy to me that they’re adding 3 new coasters in a relatively large family-oriented themed land that seems to have more than enough space for their additions, but the thought seemingly never crossed their mind that they could squeeze a swingchair or a NebulaZ in there too. 

Edited by Tricoart

52 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Still crazy to me that they’re adding 3 new coasters in a relatively large family-oriented themed land that seems to have more than enough space for their additions, but the thought seemingly never crossed their mind that they could squeeze a swingchair or a NebulaZ in there too. 

I've said the same thing; just one or two family-friendly flats would've really rounded out the precinct perfectly. "Never say never", I suppose, but I doubt we'd see any Oz additions this decade.

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

There will be 9 coasters in 2025, counting the Boomerang as two and assuming Surfrider is moved.

Counting the Boomerang as two separate attractions is a bit of a stretch. The Database typically considers duelling/twin-tracks a single coaster. See Dragon Challenge (Islands of Adventure), Gemini (Cedar Point), Colossus (SFMM) etc., or even any of the other duelling family coasters. Even setting that aside, with near-identical layouts, same max height and top speeds, shared entrance/station and so on, the experience is more or less the same; it's merely the novelty of the "racing" aspect that is the unique identifier.

26 minutes ago, TBoy said:

I don't think JDS is either, I wasn't allowed on it when I went in August because I was "Too Old"

I find that hard to believe for two reasons:

1 - image.thumb.png.813ff6243a8c95ec796daf0fac4c0e61.png

2 - image.thumb.png.89a3b5707e7deaeea5b0c2e81f66ef64.png

There is no age limit on the website, and you only have to be tall enough to ride. There isn't even a maximum height limit like there is for Superman. 

Either you got an operator who didn't like you for some reason, or you're making this up.

I've been on this - both with a child as an accompanying adult, and without. it's never made a difference.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, I was at movie world a couple of days ago and my son was speaking with a staff member who said they are building a Flash themed ‘skateboard’ ride. So not sure if that’s in reference to what this going to be but could be. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Raider said:

For what it’s worth, I was at movie world a couple of days ago and my son was speaking with a staff member who said they are building a Flash themed ‘skateboard’ ride.

If that is true, then great timing as the new Flash movie is coming out mid-year.

Edited by TBoy

5 hours ago, Raider said:

For what it’s worth, I was at movie world a couple of days ago and my son was speaking with a staff member who said they are building a Flash themed ‘skateboard’ ride. So not sure if that’s in reference to what this going to be but could be. 

Hopefully they at least re-paint the track and the board. I'd imagine a clearly surfboard centric themed ride wouldn't fit too well with the flash skateboarding 

9 hours ago, Raider said:

Nah I liked the lex luthor idea better thematically. Red and yellow u shaped coaster next to the red and blue coaster that regularly gets over a 2 hour line in the busiest times of the year is an easy way to make your new addition not stand out. I reckon some punter would get it confused with superman at the fountain. But I guess its just a minimum effort afterthought filler ride and I should expect nothing

Edited by Baconjack

On 17/03/2023 at 9:21 PM, REGIE said:

Taking down the Arkham signs shouldn’t be too hard. Just a few screws or bolts right? If you’re reading this movieworld please send me an Arkham sign. I wouldn’t mind one to hang on my wall

I hope Village have another auction like they did a few years back. I’d love to potentially get my hands on some of their old gear. 

I have over heard people in seaworld who said they thought the jet rescue track was part of storm… so some people would probably think it’s connected to SE but it’s not that big of a deal.  

Imagine how many people are going to make up story’s like “one time it went too fast and flew of the track” because it’s a shuttle coaster 🤦‍♂️

Edited by REGIE

• 2 weeks later...
  • rappa locked this topic