Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

3 , 2 , 7. I want 7 the most as it would be great at SeaWorld. But then again One thing seaworld really needs is an inverting coaster. Village have only one inverting coaster. it’s depressing at this stage I think the easiest might be 2 or 3 because easy access SW plot is hard to get too. My final bet is 3

9 hours ago, New display name said:

What's wrong with MW handing out umbrellas?🤪   

Surf Rider is 16 years old so is the relocation only planned as a short-term addition for MW?  Is MW going to put in the effort to retheme it or is it going to be something like the temp flyer they put into SW?

It's had a major overhaul though including the ride control/drive systems as part of the new requirements qld government introduced to operate an amusement device. I don't think it has even been run since this has happened, so for all intents and purposes it's a new ride, so age shouldn't be a problem with a view to it only being temporary before its too old and worn out and is removed again. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Slick said:

If you continue down that rabbit hole, fundamentally all flat rides are just differently shaped spinny things

Surfrider isn't a flat ride. Fwiw, I'm actually not opposed to SW adding a flat ride, but it should do a different job to Vortex. I'm not sure Trident is working out as hoped, but clearly lots of people do want to ride it. Another family friendly moderate thrill with a low height requirement sounds like a bit of a winner. Also a Vekoma madhouse themed to Poesidon. I don't care which park gets one, but one of them does!

Look I'll stay happily in the minority of people who think it makes the most sense at WnW, and while they're at it put Vortex out there too with some water fountains. At WnW those rides do a job similar to Project Zero at Gumbuya; they are the mega headliners. At SW they would be, what, the 4th and 5th biggest rides in a park that very low demand for thrill rides with a family focus? Two filler rides with a 140cm height restriction makes no sense at a park like SW.

MW is my second choice, it does get more people who go to the parks for rides. Surfrider probably won't do anything to attendance, but it's an extra couple hundred rides an hour. Height restrictions aside, it's like building a second Batwing. It's not a massive people eater, but I think it'll just take some pressure off the other big rides. It's also fairly skippable. It's not going to be a big deal for most people if they don't get to go on it in the same way that not getting to go on Rivals and/or Superman is a bother.

In short for me it's 

WnW 😃

MW 😀

SW 😖

Also if anyone is wondering if I'm right or not, I 100% am 😊

11 hours ago, Naazon said:

Just curious, anyone know if there are new vehicles/restraints that could lower the height restriction?

I rode a newer Intamin Surfrider at VinWonders in Vietnam which had lap bar restraints. Kind of similar in design to the ones on TNT.

Can't remember if it made any difference to the height restrictions, and the website is difficult to navigate to try and find out, but it drastically improved the ride experience.

15 hours ago, Naazon said:

Just curious, anyone know if there are new vehicles/restraints that could lower the height restriction?

The most recent Surfrider coaster to open I believe is Timmy’s Half Pipe Havoc, which has the new lap bar restraints. It has a 48″ or around 122cm height requirement, so getting new restraints for Surfrider would definitely make it more accessible.

Hopefully it would also help out with the family-thrill lineup that will be lacking while Scooby-Doo is down🤷🏻‍♂️

289CEC58-2E67-40EA-B68A-9CD656FBBA75.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

16 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

The most recent Surfrider coaster to open I believe is Timmy’s Half Pipe Havoc, which has the new lap bar restraints. It has a 48″ or around 122cm height requirement, so getting new restraints for Surfrider would definitely make it more accessible.

Hopefully it would also help out with the family-thrill lineup that will be lacking while Scooby-Doo is down🤷🏻‍♂️

289CEC58-2E67-40EA-B68A-9CD656FBBA75.jpeg

The RC racer halfpipes at Disneyland Paris & HongKong also have a 48 inch height requirement, but those have standard seating instead of spinning seats.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 10:56 AM, Slick said:

1854006901_Screenshot2023-01-31at10_49_07am.thumb.jpg.271b76e07d68de5d651f76a9269cb581.jpg

Place your bets now - numbers 1 to 4 is Movie World, 5 to 7 is Sea World. I'm hoping it'll end up at Vikings (7) or Wild West Falls (4).

I'm hearing from folks in the park today that there are ground markings indicating the positioning of Surfrider may very well be going into the superman Helix (number 1 above, in case you weren't sure).

I'll see if I can get photos (unless someone else is there who can beat me to it...)

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'm hearing from folks in the park today that there are ground markings indicating the positioning of Surfrider may very well be going into the superman Helix (number 1 above, in case you weren't sure).

I am guessing it will be themed to DC. If not it will stick out like a sore thumb compared to DCR, Superman, Batwing, GL and JL. Maybe Aquaman as a theme as a new film as a new film is coming out this year, is well known and doesn't have an attraction yet. Maybe use the things they have from Aquaman the Exhibition if they still have them as theming?

Overall an exciting two years for the park with the new Marvin ride (first ride in Kids WB in 8yrs) Scooby refurb, WoO and now this. Also exciting for Dreamworld with their expansions too. Planning to go in 2025 (I live in Victoria)

Sorry, i'm over 18 and have adult responsibilities. I can't drop everything to go visit a park 2 hours away from me to take a photo. I'll be there in the next couple days and will get it then, again:

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

unless someone else is there who can beat me to it...

• rappa locked this topic