ANNUAL PASS MOVIEWORLD-now $150

kennykoala

:eek: I have just been looking on the movieworld web site and stumbeld across, what I have to say is disgusting. Movieworlds annual pass is now $150.00 all I can say is good bye this year when my pass expires, how do they justify going from $98 then $112 to $150..and that last jump to $150 isnt even within a year gap of it going to $112. Ive been lucky the last 3 years. i bought my original pass for $25 as an upgrade..I went in using fly-buys. The second year my pass expired but they did the upgrade again so i paid approx $85 and this year i went and got it cheaper than i should but wont go into that.lol. ANYHOW $150 to go to movieworld is way too high...whats your thoughts ppl?

You goto queensland often? I should have really bought a Wonderpass for Wonderland, but never got around to it. But most of the time when we went to Wonderland, it was using either the Credit Card points, and using like the 50% discount from Myer. The same with Dreamworld. We never pay full entry. I mean, last time we went to DW, for the ticket we had to purchase, we used a 50% off voucher which came with RCT2.

I think that when you bend the rules to get something cheap then you have no real right to have a go at the price rise. Besides that, $0.41 a day sounds pretty cheap to me. You'll struggle to find something that gets close to matching an annual pass in terms of value for money, even at $150. You couldn't see a movie once a month for cheaper then that. Expensive? Yes. Ripoff? Certaintly not.

Now we all know that joz works for Warner Village, so naturally he is going to back them up. (Id do the same). Nut joz, it isn't that good, considering how much Movieworld has compared to dreamworld. Dreaworld has so much more. And i'd rather pay $15 more for a Dreamworlds one, because i'd know that i would enjoy it more than movieworld. It depends on which way you look at it.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Annual pass costs $150 at MW and $165 at DW. General admission is $60 each. Go three times and the pass has paid for itself. Anyone who has an annual pass isn't only going to go to the park once or twice they are going to go as much as they want/can. Just take Slick as an example he's there just about every weekend. "The Bus is now leaving for Fuss, Western Australia"

I go weekly too, my point was, i dont wanna now pay $150 since it was only $112 a cople of mths ago. If you go to six flags web site right now, you can buy annual passes for magic mountain for the same one day admission price of $49.77. Not only is magic mountain far more better $$$$$ value but the pass is good to use in all six flags parks world wide. NOW THAT IS VALUE>>>> and we get stuck with $150 for a park that has 4 rides.

bear in mind most annual passes to theme parks in australia have always been around the cost of between 2 and 3 individual visits... and that includes wonderland as well. Warner Village may have upped their pricing on their annual pass to WBMW, but compare the CURRENT price to that of the other parks, and also compare it to the daily price of each park. its fair, although the increase was a big one all at once. Also bear in mind the amount of money Warner Village is spending in the next 12-18 months. attendance is going to go up a lot, and you can bet your bippy that the individual ticket prices will bump slightly upwards as well. When I play RCT, I up my gate prices to help finance a new attraction that I wish to build. I open the attraction, and a month or so later (in RCT time) i lower the price, or continue to build more. With the announcements of so many millions being poured into the parks, I would feel the price, while considerably higher than it was recently, is justifiable. Personally I'd like to see them come out with a 3 park annual pass... but while we're talking, and since i'm bored.. heres the comparison on screen - (I had to do lines because R-C forums remove multiple spacings..) __________One Day Ticket_____Annual Pass______# visits equal annual $ WBMW______$60_______________$150______________2.5 SW_________$60_______________$150______________2.5 WnW_______$38_______________$133_______________3.5 DW_________$60_______________$165______________2.75 the last number indicates the number of visits you would need to make at the park paying ordinary admission to equate the cost of an annual pass. we have all had the discussion before of dreamworld having so many more rides than the other parks, but against that statement, each park has its own target focus. so just because you prefer thrills rides and are an adrenaline junkie, it doesnt justify one park charging so much, while the other similar priced ticket is a rip-off. people pay for the shows, atmosphere and environment at WBMW they pay for the rides at DW the slides at WnW and the animals and shows at SW. Putting them all on a level demographic and playing field, Wet N Wild is the most expensive, requiring 3.5 visits to the park before an annual pass is justified. Dreamworld is the next expensive, requiring 2.75 visits Sea World and Movie world only require 2.5 visits. Even at this price, I feel that movie world and sea world would probably be the passes I would buy, but given they are two separate parks, it would come down to either DW or MW. I still think DW is more of a rip than any other.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott if you were going to make that comment you could have used spaces to accompany punctuation.

You went to Dreamworld for Big Brother?That is the crappiest show on earth,as are almost all reality shows for that matter.Also,please use capital letters,full stops and put a bit more effort into spelling(waits expectantly for someone to criticise my own speling  :)).
"The Bus is now leaving for Craigie Open Space, Western Australia"

• 2 months later...

I live in Melb and i have a pass to DW and MV.I visit the parks every 3-4 months.Anyway in regards to DW passes per entry he's what i came up with.1st entry $60.00 2nd entry $15.00 3rd entry $15.00 4th entry $15.00 5th entry $15.00 6th entry $15.00 7th entry $15.00 8th entry $15.00 and 9th entry.based on the $15 up grade it takes 10 entries to get full value on the passes.