In regards to Dreamworld expansion...

Zagan

I didn't read what you read out of the paper, but just to let you know some of the old old news I know of that would tie in with what your've said. Back in the 90's Dreamworld was pretty much brankrupt and was going down the tubes, then around 96 97 98 some billion aire guy from singapore came over and went to Dreamworld. Back then then Dreamsworlds top ride/s was the Thunderbolt and the mine area was was fairly new back then but was the last thing put in for quite some time. Anyway, this singapore guy bought out Dreamworld, and his plans were to make it much larger than it was back then. The reason why he bought it out was he loved the place and thought it could work real good with his other plans the guy owns hotels and resorts etc all over asia, so owning a themeparks wouldn't be a bad thing. So since he's taken over owning it, he has added a ride or 2 every year to dreamworld. Dreamworld's land is 44 hectares from memory, and currently Dreamworld is on't using up 1/2 of the total land, the guy back then wanted to add in a hotel, more animals and more rides and also a marina, and expand further into the other side of the land. If you ride on the oil rig ride, and you get onto the left hand side the side facing the ocean at least where you see the train line is the back fence line for dreamworld, in that photo the bottom of the start of the red line would be the back fence line roughly. This singapore guy said back then that for Dreamworld cash will never be a problem again, as he will fund anything that takes his fancy for the themepark. And so far this seems to be true.

welcome Zagan. none of what u just mentioned is news to any of us. The singapore guy was along time ago, u do realise that its owend my maqurie leisure trust now dont you? And I love the "if you go on the oil rig ride" hmm, giant drop is what i think ur looking for..lol. sorry dude, but that was definatley a waste of a new thread and a post really. :confused:

Actually it wasn't this guy that put money into the park to save it from bankrupcy in 92' but rather the construction of Wipeout in 93'. Expect a historical article very soon when DreamNova.com is up. Hey that's cool, now that richard's gone, i can say DreamNova without someone cracking the ****s. DreamNova.com baby.

Well I will be the one to say welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your info. I personally didn't actualy know about this investor, I thought it was Mac Les that came in straight away. Look forward to seeing what else you have to share in the future... Hate to break it to you Slick but Richard is around and is looking over the site, keep up that sort of crap and I'm sure you will hear from him.

Oooooohhh, I am scared indeed. Hey Richard's around is he? So he just happened to be "online-away" in messenger for about 2 straight right without moving? Well richard, feel free to have a chat with me if you wish, I could certainly do with some laughter. Now to go find somewhere that has a dance dance revolution machine.....