Disney Studios

scott

Hi all, just a quick note from The North of France where it’s nice and cool.... Well,originaly we were going to go to Parc Asterix only to find on the website that it’s closed during winter which is pretty surprising because it’s a fairly big park,it’s got more coasters then Disneyland and Disney was open.So instead were going to Disney Studios;we were supposed to go yeterday only to wakepup and find that my Grandfather and I were sick,so instead were going tommorrow.Looking forward to it,Rockin Rollercoaster looks great......

Disney Studios TR Hey guys,just got back from a day at Disneyland.......again.So after getting out of bed at eight o’clock(was still dark then)we got into the car and headed off to Marne La Valle, or Disneyland country.We got there,bought our tickets and were happy to hear that after five o’clock we could go into the main park as well,which was handy because I could sample both Rockin’ Rollercoaster and Space Mountain(which I had already been on 3 times).Even though I was with my grandperants (who are my relatives in France)they were still fine for rides.My grandmother actually doesn’t think much of them and was happy to come on Rockin’ Rollercoaster with me,which we went to first as they both know how much I love coasters.It didn’t take long to find the ride seeing as the park is tiny in comparison the main thing.There are only just enough attractions for the day,which explains being allowed into the other park as well. My Grandad doesn’t exactly do big rides(which is probably safer)and decided to stay out of this one,so instead my Grandma and I went on.The ride is pretty well themed with alot of signed Guitars and other instruments.There was bearly any queue and it was running two trains from what I could see(not easy for dark rides).While you wait they give you a good view of the other train shooting off into the darkness and some people waiting in the train were looking pretty aprrehensive.I later asked a ride op(they were pretty freindly,which can only be expected as it’s a Disney park)and she told me that it reaches 95kmh,which is faster then Space Mountain which goes at 75kmh.So it was going to be my fastest ever full-cuircut coaster.We got in after bearly five minutes wait.The OTSR’s were soft and comfortable,which I was glad to see.The train turned a bend and soon we were facing an open garage door,with some weird noises coming from the speakers near our headrests.A countdown from three soon started,and we shot of. I couldn’t stop yelling.The launch was alot more violent then Space Mountain,and this was in near total darkness whereas Space Mountain has a fair bit of light in the launch tunnel.The whole thing was excellent,easily the best coaster I’ve ever been on excluding T.O.T(in terms of thrills only,apart from that this is a much better ride).This was the first time I had been on a.....um I can’t remeber the name of the inversion.It’s like a cobra roll except finishes facing the same direction.....uh,yeah,anyway it’s easily my favourite inversion now.The whole ride is quite long,with some large underbanked turns,a corkscrew after the inversion I mentioned before,and a nice little pop of airtime at the end.It kicks Space Mountain’s butt,and considering that it’s indoors,has lighting effects,loud rock music,and a real adrenaline kick,it’s all you could want and I think Joz would enjoy it. :D We got off knowing very well we would go back on soon. 10/10 for Rockin’ Rollercoaster Afterwards we went to the Moto Action Spectacular.There are some large stands which eventually fill up and they look out at a large set of a town that you would typically find in the mid-south region of france.The stunts at the start of the show aren’t great but don’t let that put you off because the rest of the shpw is excellent,with exploding cars,gunfire,heaps of amazing stunts and plenty more.The finally was really excellent. 10/10 for Moto Action Spectacular After that we had lunch at a buffet as it was lunch time already.The food was pretty nice but still not as good as the food at the Silver Spur steak resturant in Frontierland.For anyone that ever goes to Euro Disney be sure to eat there.Afterwards we decided to have a look at the Armagedon Special Effects studio,which looked pretty interesting. Once again,they saved the best till last,with the start of the tour being pretty mild but the rest being great.Your taken into a room which is supposedly the control room of the Space Station,but suddenly an asteroid attacks and everything in the room goes heywire.Theres some good smoke effects,plenty of loud noises,lots of fire and even a large piece of the asteroid that come in through the ceiling.I wouldn’t have taken a kid under 4 years old on it though,that would have scared the crap out of them. 9/10 for Armegedon We went on Rockin’ Rollercoaster twice more after,before going over to the studio tram tour,which I told my Grandperants was the classic movie park attraction. Me being me had forgotten to get film for the camera which we were going to do earlier that day.It’s a pitty I did forget because I could of gotten one hell of a photo.The start of the tour is pretty badly done really,it’s just a road in the forest with things on one side.Soon you pass western backdrop,take a look,then for some reason you go around a second time.For those of you that have RCT3,think back to the movie park level.On that level there is a tram tour,and at one point the tram passes an area where a tank explodes and water cames cascading down a mountain.The exact same thing happens in the studio tour.When you’re passing the area the second time you experience what has to be a small Tsunami racing down the hill side towards you-it’s really pretty incredible.The rest of the show is allright,but make sure bring your camera when you go on(but don’t get it wet). 8/10 for Studio Tram Tour We then went and had a look at the Art Of Disney Animation,which wasn’t all that good.They do show a fair bit on how it works ect,but they had Mushu,the Drgon of Mulan talking,and it got very noisy as well as confusing.Afterwards it was alrready five so we headed over to the other park.I’d been there not long ago but it still had the same great atmosphere,even after the holidays.We went over to Space Mountain but it was closed temporarily,so instead we went to Fronteirland(unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a pic of the sun setting behind Big Thunder Mountain but I still got a good shot),which is one of my many favourite lands at Disney.Big Thunder had a tiny queue in comparison to the last time we were there.It’s always a fun ride,with great theming throughout the whole thing.My Grandmother actually thought this was more intense then Rockin’ Rollercoaster and I fail to understand why.Earlier in response to my thread about going to Disneyland,someone(once again,I can’t remember who)wanted to know what Phantom Manor was like at Disney.Unfortunately it was closed when we went but not this time so we decided to go on that as it was close by. This is actually a very good ride, with heavy theming and an excellent storyline.If your’re after something scary then don’t get hopeful;the sound of the windscreen wipers in the car starting up gave me more of a fright.But yeah,apart from that it’s a great ride. 9/10 for Phantom Manor Afterwards we basically did all the main rides,later returning to Space Mountain to find it open(Disney’s excellent at handling that)and soon we were leaving the front gates once again. The day overall deserves a 10/10 easily.

Nice TR man, thanks alot. Yeah it was me who wanted to know what Phantom Manor is like. I'm a huge Haunted Mansion fan & wanted to know how different the Phantom Manor is to the other park's versions, but I guess if you haven't been on any of the others it's hard to compare. :) Anyway glad to hear you had a great day!

Actually Gazza,after a couple of rides on Rockin' Rollercoaster I thought back to the Movie World thread in which you posted a link for a suitable Superman coaster.The coaster did seem very similar,with the Roll-over,Corkscrew,large,underbanked curves,and the excellent bit of air-time at the end.