Terror canyon questions

Gazza

For those in the know, i was wondering if you could shed some light on some questions i have about terror canyon. -What is the point of those stupid brake strips on the ride, its not as if you could lose control. -Is terror canyon 2 just river rapids with a roof, or did the rip out the old one and replace it, does anyone know why? -when terror canyon 2 was still river rapids, i remember their being this wierd thing that came before the final turn and the drop, where there was like this block thing, and as you approached it, a wall of water sort of went up and you got wet, how did this work? -towards the end of terror canyon 1, how did they do that greenish slime light effect?

The brake pads are indeed to slow you down. While most riders would have no trouble without them, the ride is too fast for the more 'fragile' park guests, who would sometimes loose control without them. I'm about 90% sure that Terror Canyon is not River Rapids with but enclosed, but rather a whole new slide. Best guess as to why is they were wanted to add something completly different, and to get rid of the really slow bits that were in River Rapids.

I dont think it is just RR inclosed. I for one totaly hate the new slide compared to the old. The old one was completely different and had some great bits in it like the first big turn when you got great air and went way up the side of the flume. The other great bit was at the end as you said with the large splash pool before the final drop. TC2 IMO is a poor replacement for something that didnt need replacing and is just like its brother which itself is pretty poor also.

This is something I've always been curious about too. I always thought Terror Canyon II was just River Rapids with a roof put on top and maybe some slight modifications. The reason I thought this was because I remember seeing an updated park map and the layout of the slide was identical to the way it had been as River Rapids, only they had drawn in the enclosed roof. I also remember seeing a picture of the final part of Terror Canyon II and it looked like the roof had just been tacked on. As I have never seen TCII in person I don't know for sure. I remember River Rapids being a fun ride so I was never sure why they made the changes. From what I can remember, at various points along the circuit you would come across walls of water or rapids. I think these were created in a similar way to traditional rapids rides by putting an elevated object under the water to interupt its flow. On top of this my guess is that they also pumped out a bit of extra water through vents/jets in this area