How does De ja' Veu compare to a standard bommerang?

Quite simply the Giant Iverted version ala 'De ja' Veu' simply doesnt compare to standard boomer. Well actualy its the other way around. After riding De ja' Veu at SFMM a few weeks back when I was in the US the standard Boomerang at Knotts just did nothing for me. The feeling of hanging in your seat before you drop on the first hill is amazing...you have to have a lot of faith in those restraints because its a F*(KING huge drop!! And 90 degrees makes all the difference. When that thing drops you fly through the course and the ride is pretty smoothe. The catch is a bit of a jolt but still works very smoothly and is quite fast. Backwards is as good as forwards without the usual roughness and when you come back into the station you actualy go straight through and get lifted back up the first hill before being slowly let down. Much better than the hard breaks. All in all its a FANTASTIC ride, I'd put it in a category with X and Excelerator as supreme rides. Highly Recommended.

Agree totally with DJRappa. Absolutely no comparison to the standard boomerang. Small tip: when arriving at SFMM go and do this FIRST. The ride isn't geared for high capacity (the load times can be frustratingly long) and the relatively short queue moves extremely slow. Worth the wait however :D

djrappa and B&Mfan how you guys find psyclone and the security at sfmm :D , from my trips security has always been a pain at sfmm, but unlike alot of americans I dont mind psyclone. also did you guys get to ride flashback I know its rough but so much fun. :D

Security wasn't too bad, pretty much the same I found at any US atraction. Maybe a little bit more thorough (would hate to be there on a busy day) but you do seem to get a different sort of crowed there so thats probably why. Psyclone I thought was just plain rough as guts and not all that satisfying...GO GET ON GOASTRIDER AT KNOTTS. Thats is one amazing coaster, its huge, long and just hurls around that track without stoppping one bit. Unfortunately no Flashback on either day I was there, and only X and DJV on one day each. They only ran 1 car on X so it was a 3 hour!! wait to ride whilst all other rides were walkon or 5min wait. Even the brand new Scream! Even if it was 3 hours X was certainly worth the wait, just wish they would do better than 1 dispatch every 7.5 minutes.

thanks dude good to hear other peoples reports Ive been on Ghostrider a couple of times and is one of my favorites out there. I need to do X, de javu and scream to finish my sfmm credits and xcellerator at knotts. cant wait to get back over there. top 5 (ive ridden) (1) Speed (las vegas) (2) Ghostrider (3) riddlers revenge (4) Goliath (5) california screamin

I remember waiting quite a while to get through security at the gate and not seeing a single guard once in the park proper.... Pysclone was pretty rough and fairly slow through the second half of the course although there were a couple of pretty good head chops as you worked your way through the structure. The first drop wasn't too bad but the turnaround coming from up from it really jerked your head around. Have to agree with DJRappa (again :D ) about Ghostrider. That thing is the best wooden coaster I've ever ridden. Flashback was actually running when I was there but gave it a miss due to time. If only I had two days there......

Hi B&MFan....you missed nothing in not riding Flashback accept perhaps concussion from being thrown from side to side like you do on those wicked corners. With regards to Ghost Rider, I agree w/you, it's one hell of a coaster although the last time I went on it I found it a lot rougher than before, maybe this was a temporary issue that's has been addressed...I sure hope so cuz it was dissapointing for me. :( There's another great woodie called Roar, it's at Six Flags Marine World In Vellejo ( I think that's how it's spelt) Although no where as big as G/R, this coaster delivers a fantastic ride thats twisted, fast & smooth as can be :D

Guest boycotta

well ive never ridden de'ja'vu before but ive seen the videos and ridden and inverted rollerocaster before and i just seem that a normal rollercoaster above the track is more exciting. apart from the ride being vertical in my opinion the demon at wonderland sydney, is more exciting because the simple fact is that is original still offers a large drop and its easy to follow the track, you would know where you are going, understand. de ja vu would be good but i really love the demon. in my opinion

Hi Boycota, Please take a little friendly advise. When talking about the coaster that you think is the best, remember to put the words "in my opion" somewhere in the post. This will stop ppl "bagging" you after you post these topics. As for saying the demon is better than a coaster that you have never ridden, well you are asking for trouble with this. The only one's who are able to reply to this is those ppl who have rideen both coasters as they know the difference between them for fact. We all can look at a tape of a coaster and say well that looks different, but will never know until we ride it. And as for the topic, you must remember that the Da'ja'vu is the largest coaster of it's type so the drop is taller than demon. And in my opion the slc style coasters are more exciting for the reason that you CAN'T see the track laid out in front of you. i would rather site on the LW at WBMW than the Cyclone anyday for the sheer enjoyment of letting your legs swing free. But this is ONLY MY OPION.

Howdy Thunder ...couldn't have said that better myself. Of course its just my opinion but until you ride DJV you just can't get an idea of how awsome it is. Even whilst waiting in line I had no idea how freaky that first dop would be just hanging there with your life resting totaly in the hands of your restraints :-) I can liken this to my feelings about eXcelerator over at Knotts...I'd seen the videos and specs but it didn't do all that much for me...how wrong I was, turned out to be the best ride I have ever ridden and I did a good 50 spins on it that day. Can't wait to get back over for TTD, eXcel is the only coaster Ive ever been on that whilst giving an amazing ride doen't affect you negatively at all, I could have ridden 200 times in a row with no sickness or headaches to be heard of. As for the most 'exciting' form of coaster, (IMO) don't know if you've ridden one of these babies but the cross between the two... the FLOORLESS coaster is the most thrilling for me because if you are in the front seat there is nothing in front of you and track racing mere inches away from your feet. A great feeling, Get on one everyone out there!

mmmmm Floorless..... Boycotta: I can completely understand why you're a big fan of Demon. It is a good ride when you have nothing to reference against it. I thought the same up until a few years ago when I went to my first overseas park (Alton Towers in the UK) and rode Nemesis for the first time. My initial thought on exiting was "OMFG we are missing out back home BIG time!" Since then I have been lucky enough to ride some of the biggest, fastest and most fun coasters throughout Europe and in particular the States. IMHO there is not one coaster in Australia (I don't consider ToT a coaster btw :P) that is international standard (maybe Scooby Doo, a very well polished wild mouse). I would be interested to hear whether some of the other Total Thrillers believe we have an international standard coaster here, and if yes, why they in their IMHO believe so. /Discussion on...

Well first of all regardless of any of our opinions TOT is a coaster as that particular style of ride has been classed as a coaster. I'm not going to debate this. That being the case TOT is a world class coaster but I totaly agree with you that other than that we don't really have any world class coasters here. Cyclone would be the only thing that realy comes close but really today a standard (over the track) steal coaster has to be something special to be world class... Lets think Goliath or Viper here to name a couple (even Viper has lost its edge now) at SFMM which I'm sure everyone will agree is one of the top 2 coaster parks in the world. We don't have a true coaster here that tops 100km/hr and thats not that fast these days (TTD just hit 200). If cyclone was to be considered world class it would have to offer something more like Manhatton(sp?) at NYNY. Wata you guys think?

The only ones that do anything for me in Australia are TOT and Lethal Weapon and Scobby Doo IMO after riding many coasters worldwide they are the only decent ones IMO sorry cyclone does nothing for me. over the next few years it would be nice if we could get 4 new coasters speard between Wonderland, Movieworld and Dreamworld a hyper, floorless , impulse and wooden (like ghostrider or roar) that way at least we have a good mix of coasters in australia.