X-Flight

DaptoFunlandGuy

Im curious as to how X-Flight works its station. I have seen pictures, but only very far away, and it appears it has two loading bays. I have seen storm runner, http://www.rcdb.com/ig2498.htm?picture=10 and its split track, that moves across a switch to guide each train onto the main track, But I am told X-Flight does this differently? How is it accomplished, and does anyone have any close up pictures of this action in detail?

Picture a small curved section of track, but instead of having rails only on the top side, it also has a set of rails on the bottom side, curving in the same direction (such that if looked at from above, you would not be able to distinguish between the two sets as they follow them same curve). When this piece of track is one way up, it connects one side of the station to the main track. If this piece does a 180º rotation, it effectively mirrors itself, connecting the other side of the station with the track. It's more or less the same as Intamin's transfer system, only instead of linear it is rotational. The B&M system also uses rotation, but instead of rotational around the horizontal axis like Vekoma, it rotates around the vertical axis. Take a look at this shot. You can see how if you rotate it around the vertical axis it will join up the other station with the track.

Ok, now i get it, very ingenieous, i intitially thought the rail bended like how a monorail works. But on the B&M does it rotate clockwise, or anti clockwise? Edit: wait, now i fully get it , there is actually a track rail right in between the other two, directly above the red circle on the front of the train that is curved, so when it moves into place, other track segment (in the pic its in use) is in the middle of the other two rails.