...and so it begins;

joz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flat rides can indeed look nice, take the Claw for example. If they were to be built at MW, you could put Facade around 3 sides with 1/2 the front side left open for viewing. the ride structure could be themed well too. the other half of the front side of the ride would be where the queue building could be an that too could be themed to MW standard, inside the queue could be TVs telling the rides story, they would be properly acted and shot at the studios.

As I'm heading down to Dreamworld on Tuesday, I might head a few more minutes down the road to have a look at MW (from the outside). Will I be able to see any of the area where the Superman Ride will be, from the carpark? I might snap a few pics before I go to DW, but only if there's some sign of Superman under construction, and visible from outside of the park.

Except for WWF. And apart from the flats at LT MW does have another flat...Batman 2.
WWF is not something i'd classify as outdoors for the purpose of the argument. It is partially indoors, and is well themed, not a flatbed truck style ride like the claw. (note - i said STYLE. I am not saying that the claw is a carnie truck ride.)

Hmm, you could always put the flat ride indoors, for example, Chessington World of adventures has a break dance ride that is indoors and you shoot targets with a laser gun. And Paramounts King Island in the US has an indoor Tomb Raider top spin. So you never know. What would people think of something like this?http://www.themeparkvision.net/US/Attracti...=500&ParkID=108

^ Good Point KK:) With the addition of Superman, I would like to see them run thoroughfare connecting basically LW to Main street from the front gate to the big double gates beside the LW queue. It would give the park a "bigger" feel and improve access and traffic flow.. Anyway, I wonder if that's on the cards? Another thought: as we will have two "SuperHero" Theme rides in the one area, wouldn't it be great if they added a new SuperHero themed land right at the front entrance?!? Just a thought..

Because it is an Australian first and Intamin accelerators are all the rage right now, none of them have gotten bad reviews, apart from TTDs technical problems they are doing well. You also need to consider that Australias last looping coaster was built ten years ago so this is big news. No need to get so upset about people going off topic though KK, i mean, who ever heard of a converstion going for several weeks about the same thing, when talking in real life you can barley manage taling about one thing for 5 minutes before the subject changes, just let it flow and when interesting news comes in (Eg construction) then the topic will steer back. Given that, has anyone heard anything about when construction is due to begin?

when talking in real life you can barley manage taling about one thing for 5 minutes before the subject changes
You must have an incredibly short attention span then. Scooby doesn't have fire sensors on board the carriages. If I had such a short attention span I wouldn't be able to stick to one subject for more than one sentence. "The Bus is now leaving for Short, South Australia"

Apparently it was gonna rock our worlds.....hopefully there will be a lot of cool track aside from the top hat. The trains are most likely to have over the shoulder restraints; it's intamins new thing. Kingda Ka has them, ok; it's the tallest ride in the world, but look here: http://www.towersalmanac.com/features/rita...uary/20/03.html and see Rita, Queen of Speed a new accelerator at alton towers, that doesn't have a top hat or doesn't even go close to a vertical incline, has them too.

Ugh, crap. I was planning to head up sooner than that, ill have to wait till more info is about, and plan accordingly. EDIT;

Warner Bros. Movie World experienced marginal declines in both attendances and profitablity compared to the previous corresponding period. However a new Superman escape ride and a deal with Hi-5 for concerts, apperances and a merchandise outlet are expected to contribute to improved attendances again in the 2006 financial year.
Where does it say that the ride wont be here till december, the 2006 financial year could mean any time from July onward.

December is the month that WVTP are using, so it's about as concrete as they come at this stage. Nothing's ever set in stone, but don't expect it to be pushed forward at all. If you're planning a trip around this attraction then I suggest that you wait until the final official press release is out with the final date and the thing is running smoothly before booking anything, because you never know.