Aerial Photos?

Bussy

Is there any angle in particular that you're after? I've got photos mostly from early to late 90's and a few prior. SeanM, it'll be interesting to see your photos from after closure. When you post yours I'll try to find older pics from similiar angles so we can compare. I've picked out a couple for you. If you look at Aerial-800-3 the beach is still being constructed, Aerial-800-6 the Zodiac is half built and brown!

Great photos Buzz they were pretty much what I was after. Do you, by any chance, have any recent ones? I know someone who has a couple taken while on a heli tour but they don't have a scanner. But they are no where near that good because the chopper was too low. "The Bus is now leaving for Scanzi Mount, NSW"

The latest aerial photos I have are from around 1999/2000 (I could see the magic show sign at Galaxy Theatre), but the majority of them are prior to that. Believe it or not I only found one Judy's Jetliners pic. Cute little ride. I'm not sure when it ceased operation, but I think it sat there for a while and finally removed sometime late 2000(?). The space was then used for some bird cages for the wildlife park keepers. As to what happened to the ride itself I do not know.

Very Awesome Bren. So WONDERful to see the park through the ages. I have an Aerial (Black and White) of HBL (which you know about bren), but alas, at the moment, no scanner. How many photos of the park, no matter what or where, do you have Buzz? That is definately something I would like a copy of and be willing to pay for... also, I believe Judy's Jetliners was gone long before Silly Stix was, and most definately before 2000. I believe it more closely co-incides with the opening of the wildlife park, as, you stated correctly, they used the land for keeper sheds etc for the animals. So went Judy's Jetliners along with Bam Bam's Ball-Bash. What else have you got Buzz? what can you show us? do you have high quality copies you might be able to pop onto cd?

The photos I have were scanned as they passed my way during my time there, but the majority of the older photos are in the form of 35mm positive slides. I did put some of the slides up on ebay once, but nobody was interested and I certainly wasn't going to let them go to waste. I believe that 35mm slides/negatives were used as photo archives before computers and CD-ROM were more common. The quality of the scans really depends on your equipment. A professional top-quality 35mm slide scanner costs $1000+, suffice to say that my $300 flatbed w/35mm scan capabilities will do me fine for now.

OMG! :eek: How do you people find these things!? Allow me to clear a few things up in regards to the website. The yellow website was produced and hosted by an outside company. I had next to no involvement with that website (and apparently neither did he marketing dept :P). Anyway, the web hosting company decided to go bust late 2001 and we lost the entire website. We then had no choice but to find another provider and build a temporary website (enter me). I learned HTML from scratch just to make a temporary website. At this point the new blue logo was introduced and there was no company style dveloped as yet. As the months progressed I got better at it and it started to develop into a half-decent looking site. Well, atleast from a self-taught amateurs point of view. And I'd like to say that it was my idea to put Shrek peering out from behind the Wonderland logo. :D Then early 2002 the marketing department arranged for a new website to be developed by Forest Interactive (who has close ties to Blinky Bill, which I think is the only reason they got involved). Despite all the money they spent, there were sooo many glitches and the way they arranged the pages (with links, frames and file structure) was a real mess. I always referred to the site as a Dreamweaver Wizard Template with Wonderland's logo slapped on it :P. I went through and made a long list of things that needed to be fixed and gave it to the marketing people, ofcourse next to none of it was ever seen to. As the marketing dept wanted to periodically update the site with current events they went to Forest, who would then charge a ridiculous amount each time. Eventually they started to come to me, so I had no choice but to try my best at working with the mess they called a website. Towards the end of 2003 I started to rework the site so it was some what organised, it never really reach the point where I was happy with it. But then came the announcement to close, and that was all she wrote.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020529200511/...derland.com.au/ So that new blue site would have been this one. When you re-worked the site, that would have been when the new banner was posted right? Any chance you have the images from the Media section? Better still, do you have the whole website on hand? Any of them? Anyway what was wrong with that game? That was the worst game from a Theme park that i have ever seen. "Quicksand" was impossible to win.

Yes, that was the new blue website. But there was a version even before that with the purple logo, and I remember making little shaking "W"s on the main menu page. That Quicksand game was the worst "thing" I'd ever seen. You could actually win if you had the patience to keep at it and sit through the blotchy animation and repetativeness of nothing. All that happens is that you reach a small hill with a Wonderland flag on it........ I'm almost ashamed to admit that I finished it. Yes, the new banner was only part of the reworking.

Hey AlexB, I think I have a colour version of that B&W photo you got. I'm not sure why they had so many B&W prints, the colour one looks good with the sun set light.
Hi, I'd take a shot guess and say the B&W prints would be handouts to newspaper's and media before digital files were more common, artwork would be in the form of a bromide, B&W photographs or slides which would be drum scanned. Cheers Sean

Thanks for those photo's Buzzy. I think you will find that Aerial-800-13 was taken during the 2000 Olympics. How do I know this you ask? Look at car park 2 and how many cars are in it, then look at the pathways in the park and see how few people there are. Also look at car park 1 and see that there are heaps of free spaces so why would they be parking in car park 2? "The Bus is now leaving for Sydney Olympic Park, NSW"