seaworld new attraction to open september school hoildays

Ian

From what I can tell, the film follows the story of a Panda who meets other types of animals. The film is billed as being educational, increasing environmental awareness, and also being very 'cute'. Personally, I'm not sure about this one. I'm under the impression that this was somewhat one of those last minute "impulse" buys, after all, Steve Peet did just come back from a holiday in Europe. ;) I dare say this will be a replacement to Seaworld's current 3D film, Pirates, which opened in 1997, and I'll hold out before passing judgement on this, but personally, I think that if something isn't broken, don't fix it, and I'm yet to hear a park guest say bad things about Pirates. I'd prefer something was done about Ski Challenge or Reef Discovery before 'fixing' the 3D movie.

You mentioned once that Sea World rents Pirates from Iwerks. Perhaps these "tough times" are limiting their entertainment budget (let's face it, it wasn't exactly bloated to start with), so they've bought a 3rd party video film, which would obviously be cheaper in more than one way (presumably it's 3D, not 4D with the special effects). But hang on... I'm not really buying all this "tough times" stuff anyway. :)

I seem to recall someone telling me the prices to keep the effects running, sadly that was a few years back and the exact figures escape me for the moment. But indeed, the Pirates film is rented from Iwerks, as is the projector, and soundtrack. About 25% of costs are paid for by the films sponser; Pauls Dairyfeild. Just a thought, when this new film opens its going to be the 5th year exactly since Pirates was brought into the park. Maybe it could have something to do with the lease agreement expiring? Quite a few of the other parks playing Pirates have replaced their films recently (with mostly Haunted Lighthouse which as you'll read, isn't particularly well rated), and those parks which have replaced Pirates must have been playing Pirates for a similar sort of timeline. Just a thought anyway. I haven't heard about any extra sensory effects in the new film, but I dare say it won't have half the effects that are in Pirates, which will probably save around $10,000 over the space of a year. One promising thing I haven't yet mentioned, is that it is apparently the soon to be new film has been playing at a park in Europe, and has is now the highest rating attraction in the parks 100year history (9/10 for those playing along at home).