Favourite Indoor/Enclosed Roller Coaster

Adam

I've been on SDSC,Space Mountain,Rockin Rollercoaster,and then there's Eureka Mine Ride and Looney Tunes River Ride,to a lesser extent.The best by far would be Rockin Rollercoaster.Great theming,great music,intense launch,smooth,triple inversion,nice airtime,long ride,excellent layout,no headbanging,and soft restraints.All you could want.

ones ive ridden would go in this order. Journey To The Centre of the Earth (Tokyo Disney Sea) Indy (Tokyo Disney Sea) better then the other disneys indy's Scobby Doo (WBMW) Indy (Anaheim Disneyland) Space Mountain (Tokyo Disneyland) Space Mountain (Anaheim Disneyland) Matterhorn (Anaheim Disneyland) Eureka (Dreamworld) Calico Mine Train (Knotts Berry Farm) Mine Train (Chessington England) and thats all I can think of that Ive ridden for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Adam, The part where you go backwards isnt a drop at all - its on a flat track, its towards the end of the ride and as your car enters into a burial chamber it stops on a turntable once you are in the center of a chamber - you spin around then then get launched backwards in another direction VERY fast!!

• 2 weeks later...

well... without ever having ridden it myself, I can answer this yet again obvious question from Adam - cars start the ride in a forwards direction, in the burial chamber, it is reversed, yet when its back at the station, its forwards again. Logic would suggest there are TWO turntables. How else would the cars be turned around to start the ride again? or do they chuck the old cars out at the end of the ride and buy new ones? No... No... wait - i have it - they have 500 cars, and at the end of the day, they run all the cars back through the ride using adams mythical scooby doo on-board propulsion system, from the end, to the turntable, and all the way back to the start at the station... or.. wait - they bring a crane in at the end of every day to turn the cars around, with yet again the same 500 cars in use, and they just lift them, turn them around, and put them back on the station.... that must be it.... yep...

I am pretty sure the ride has only one turn table. Yet I am waiting for confirmation from Skippy, not you Alex, you have never even been there.

How else would the cars be turned around to start the ride again?
Ever heard of transfer tracks? Vertical lifts? I suppose none of these are used in the roller coaster industry to change the direction of cars. There is nothing to suggest the cars perform a complete rotation twice Alex. Yet again you have overlooked something you think is "obvious". Ever driven into a car park, and reversed out of it Alex? That is another way you can go backwards without turning a car on a rotation station. I suppose Universal Studios spent millions on the magnetic linear induction motors that can move the cars in a forward and reverse direction for nothing? Yet again Alex, since this is all so obvious - you must be right.
in the burial chamber, it is reversed, yet when its back at the station, its forwards again.
Alex, why exactly would you need two turn tables? Tell me, because I'd love to you know why. Alex, the question was not so obvious. You couldn't answer it. Your wrong.

I've been on a looping coaster indoors in Las Vegas (Canyon Blaster) which was pretty cool, but not really an indoor coaster, just a coaster indoors. I've been on: Space Mountain (Paris Disneyland) Black Hole (Alton Towers) Scooby Doo (WBMW) and a selection of mine rides (Eureka, Big Thunder etc) which all have a dark part My overall favourtie would be SDSC coz of the surprises (vertical lift and turntable) though I'm not fussed on unbanked tracks. I'm always a sucker for a mine ride too, Big Thunder Mountain is tops. Caroline

Our car slams to an abrupt stop just before hitting another stone wall. Scarab beetles literally pour out of the wall before us and begin crawling along the side walls: Just then, the lights go out. As we wonder when the bugs will begin to attack, the vehicle starts moving backwards, dropping down a slight incline. When it stops, we begin a slow 180° rotation and we get a glimpse of the Med-jai symbol just before Imhotep again appears to taunt us. Once stopped we find ourselves facing a giant image of his head: “Not even the Med-jai can save you now”, he says. “There is no escape. Your end shall be my beginning.”
It seems the impossible is actually true. Revenge of the Mummy only has one turn table.

I'm just surprised that the ride doesn't have two turntables; as logic would suggest it is impossible for them to use any other method to reverse a car. I mean, how could they reverse a car without a turntable? I'm still really confused. It's also confusing how I wasn't asking for a technical opinion but an observation from someone who has experienced the ride first hand. Although I suppose someone who hasn't been on the ride could have answered it too since it was so obvious. I mean, it would be hard to answer it incorrectly since it was really obvious! And while we are on the topic of research, you might want to look into Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster (at Movie World) which are both examples of rides that feature a reverse drop but use only one turntable to rotate the car. The Tower of Terror at Dreamworld also has a reverse drop and doesn't even have a turntable! What a world we live in :)

Gosh Adam, you were right - once - after doing research... my work here is done - YOU DID RESEARCH!

And while we are on the topic of research, you might want to look into Wild West Falls and Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster (at Movie World) which are both examples of rides that feature a reverse drop but use only one turntable to rotate the car.
Damn, and after I just went and praised your research capabilities, I am quite sure that Wild West Falls has TWO turntables - 1) after first lift hill, before reverse drop then a turnaround (reverse park and then forward system) 2) prior to final drop, to rotate the vehicle onto the "drop" track
The Tower of Terror at Dreamworld also has a reverse drop and doesn't even have a turntable! What a world we live in
Indeed, it doesnt have a turntable, but unlike all the other examples you provided, and Mummy itself, ToT is not a circuit coaster, and therefore doesnt need a turntable at all. I never talked of reverse drops, but rather the methods with which the cars are then put forwards again. this is a shuttle, just like demon, deja vu etc.... Feel free to keep gloating that I was incorrect. Its not a regular occurrence these days, but when I am wrong, I will admit it... So as I said, keep gloating... you will be back to normal next week when you claim that the Batman Adventure - The Ride 2 Attraction actually has tracks mounted under the vehicles, and they follow a roller-coaster style layout to deliver the motions felt by passengers, all as a result of a tyre drive system, with fire detecting bunnies in the front of the car that chew a carrot if theres a fire, causing the vehicles to reverse back to the station under its own power.

Alex you have hardly admitted your wrong. I ask a simple question directed at someone who has been on the ride, and then you make up some bull**** about how it must have two turntables, and yes, it annoys me Alex. You think you know everything. Can you please tell me how the second turntable on Wild West Falls relates to the reverse drop? Have you even been on the ride? Or is this just one of your obvious assumptions? Alex, what you need to do is stop and think about the question I was asking. I started the question with – “Hey Skipper,” – now although I may be going too fast for you, can you think of any reasons as to why I might start off with this? Could it be that I know for a fact that this individual has been on the ride? Could it mean that since he has been on the ride, he would know exactly how many turntables are on the ride? Although, I’m sure all of this was very obvious to you.