Adam

34 members have voted

1. 1. Scooby Doo Coaster - Have your say

• my favourite ride in Australia.
    • my favourite ride.
    • an above average ride
    • an average ride.
    • not very entertaining.

I like both Scooby and Eureka Mountain for different reasons, but I think Scooby has the advantage of being fairly unique in Australia and in general as a ride. It's the only coaster I've been on with an elevator and a turntable (and for the record, I think the lift is the best part, too, along with the backwards drop, especially the first time and if like I did you have no idea it's coming- we thought we were riding a ghost train so it came as a real shock!). While I'm not one for theming as a rule, Scooby's theming is fun and effectively complements the ride, the only letdown for me was the wild mouse track (I have this paranoia about sharp unbanked turns). I've been on a few mine trains, and they can always be relied upon for some good thrills, dark bits and drops without too much bone shaking which suits my 12 year old just fine. We always have fun on Eureka and try to get on it more than once. As for me, I'm happy riding both of them and we're having trouble deciding whether to do Dreamworld in June coz we've never been on Cyclone or Reptar, or whether to do Movie World and Superman (very tempting). Wish we could afford both. Maybe.... That second day deal Dreamworld do is also a big drawcard, Hmmm....

As for me, I'm happy riding both of them and we're having trouble deciding whether to do Dreamworld in June coz we've never been on Cyclone or Reptar, or whether to do Movie World and Superman (very tempting). Wish we could afford both. Maybe.... That second day deal Dreamworld do is also a big drawcard, Hmmm....
Well, based on that, Superman won't be open in June, it won't open until december, and its safe to say Dreamworld will have another big e-ticket attraction scheduled around the same period... Dreamworld may have the two day thing, but Movie World allows you to visit sea world, movie world and wet n wild, and then visit any of the parks for a up to a further 11 days. I know that the Warner Parks can be "done" in a day, and you can "do" EVERYTHING in each park in two days each, allowing you a full 14 days of fun at WVTP's, IMHO, is a much better deal... the Three Park Super Pass has always been the one price, for all three parks to visit, which is a fair deal, but to then give you a further 11 days worth of visits, with NO additional cost, is really something, whereas DW's 2 Day pass is an extra price.... i suppose its whatever works for you...