Feb Update

Ruddegar

Hi everyone, Just was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the rides still left on site? I haven't driven near the site for months now. Did the Beach slides get sold off? Is the Bush Beast still standing? This may of been covered in another thread, but whose responsibility is it to remove the rides now? Are they technically still the property of Sunway and they would be paying ING to 'store' them on their behalf, or does ING now own them? Cheers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, Just was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the rides still left on site? I haven't driven near the site for months now. Did the Beach slides get sold off? Is the Bush Beast still standing? This may of been covered in another thread, but whose responsibility is it to remove the rides now? Are they technically still the property of Sunway and they would be paying ING to 'store' them on their behalf, or does ING now own them? Cheers
Every major ride except Demon, is still standing as of 9/2/05. The deal was due to be done by end January. The deal allowed for removal of the rides from the park by Sunway providing it was done before handover. All the remaining assets are now property of ING.
Every major ride except Demon, is still standing as of 9/2/05. The deal was due to be done by end January. The deal allowed for removal of the rides from the park by Sunway providing it was done before handover. All the remaining assets are now property of ING. ZordMaker.
Whoops. I should have qualified that. Im not sure about Beastie or Bounty. ZordMaker

Every major ride except Demon, is still standing as of 9/2/05. The deal was due to be done by end January. The deal allowed for removal of the rides from the park by Sunway providing it was done before handover. All the remaining assets are now property of ING. ZordMaker.
Whoops. I should have qualified that. Im not sure about Beastie or Bounty. ZordMaker

Zordy, thanks for the double post and double quote.... real space saver.. ;) Snowy would be considered a major ride, and as far as I am aware, the station house and pump house has been demolished... so that is one major ride not still standing (the troughs of course are still there.) Ruddegar, as far as I am aware, nothing has been removed since Christmas. I was on the site just prior to christmas, and the ride list is as follows: Still On Site: Bush Beast Beach Slides and Pools Snowy Troughs Bounty Jousting Ring (Circuit only) Space Probe Zodiac Beastie SkyRider Off Site: All other HBL or ex-HBL rides Demon Dragons Flight Wizards Fury (removed prior to close) Jousting Ring (dodgem cars themselves) Balloons Endeavour Taz Ampol's Antique Autos (AKA - The Great Race) was sold, however was yet to be removed at the time of my visit. Cheers, Alex.

Ruddegar any updates are usually posted in the 'Demon Removal' thread. You can expect updates in the next few weeks as the rides start to come down.

Every major ride except Demon, is still standing as of 9/2/05. The deal was due to be done by end January. The deal allowed for removal of the rides from the park by Sunway providing it was done before handover. All the remaining assets are now property of ING.
The site was handed over to ING in December however a deal has been done to allow Zodiac, Space Probe and the Beach Tower to continue to stand so they can be sold. If nothing has happened by March then its bye bye to them as they are made into little bits at the scrap yard. Bounty's is long gone, from memory I posted a photo in the 'Demon Removal' thread. Also what use are the Snowy troughs to anyone? All it is, is 2 concrete walls and a concrete floor there is not much you can do with that, last time I looked concrete walls and floor are not very transportable. "The Bus is now leaving for Concrete Bank, South Australia"

The NSW Heritage office did confirm in December that the owners ING have been informed that Bush Beast has been classified as an item of possible local heritage interest and that the matter is to be decided by Blacktown City Council. In the intervening time until BCC makes a final decision, no demolition permit is to be granted. It is however the only item under the order, all other structures can be removed or demolished. ZordMaker

Yeah, i agree, it could very well be saved, but you seem to be working by the assumption that it will actually be operated. If it is operated, will it be financially feasible? If it isnt the operator cant sell it because its under a heratiage order so the land cant be used for other uses/not feasible to operate so they will be left in debt and with a very expenisve white elephant. With these risks involved, who would buy it in the first place?

Yeah, i agree, it could very well be saved, but you seem to be working by the assumption that it will actually be operated. If it is operated, will it be financially feasible? If it isnt the operator cant sell it because its under a heratiage order so the land cant be used for other uses/not feasible to operate so they will be left in debt and with a very expenisve white elephant. With these risks involved, who would buy it in the first place?
Luna Park.. Here we go again... ZordMaker

Just piss it off and get over it. It's a worthless heap of crap that will be of no benefit to anyone standing as is until it falls over. What is the point maintaining it? You never answered my original question Zordy. Or do you still not know? Are you just clutching at straws? Wonderland is dead. Let it lie old son.

Luna Park.. Here we go again...
That's a brilliant plan. I can hear the in park spiel now. "Welcome to Luna Park. To ride the largest wooden roller coaster in the southern hemisphere please make your way to Milsons Point train station, catch the train to Rooty Hill and then transfer to a bus for the trip to the Bush Beast. Round trips are approximately 2 hours not including the wait for the train, delays on the train, wait for the bus or rides on the coaster. Enjoy Luna Park everyone. Even if part of our park is 50km away." Seriously the quicker it comes down the better it is really becoming an eyesore. What is the use of having a freestanding coaster in the middle of an industrial park? "The Bus is now leaving for Spieler Creek, South Australia"

....That isnt operating meaning its even more depressing for those who miss WL because they can see it but not ride it. Some heratiage orders are stupid anyway, like you hear stories about those fibro boxes that cant be demolished in Spotswood or whatever because they once housed migrants that came to melbourne and have some sort of stupid sentmental value, so now were stuck with ugly small houses that no body wants to live in and cant be renovated to a livable size. Its only worth preserving if its useable or actually nice.

Anything that falls under heritage order would need to be maintained by the governing body that granted the order, if no suitable caretakerowner were found. Therefore Blacktown Council would need to fork out to maintain the structure, if no suitable purchaser bought the ride.
Im sure it would be more viable than Blacktown Olympic park. ZordMaker

Do you honestly have any idea whether Blacktown Olympic Park is viable or not? Obviously not. You're a dolt Zordy. Stop speaking ****. 1. It's the home of both NSW Softball and Baseball including their offices. 2. It's the home of the NSW Institute of Sport Baseball Program. 3. The grounds are used just about every night of the week for either games or training. Including the current home of the NSW Women's Baseball Team. 4. It has been the pre-season home of a Korean Major League Baseball team for at least the last 4 years at a couple of hundred thousand dollars a go. 5. The National mens baseball tournament has been held here the last 3 years and recently announced it will return for year number 4 next year. 6. It recently hosted a friendship series between the Australian team vs this visiting Korean Major League team. (The LG Twins) 7. The Penrith Panthers are basing a significant amount of their pre-season training up on the athletics field. 8. Hosts many school athletics carnivals. 9. The baseball function room is hired for a number of fund raising evenings, presentations and other dinners. 10. Commencing at the end of this month, the NSW Baseball Final series will commence there. 11. The NSW Women's final series commences one week later. 12. In the coming weeks and months it will also host various school sports baseball and softball competitions. 13. The NSW Police Games will be held there in March. The venue being utilised for the softball, cycling, cross country and track and field events. Don't go anywhere near it, you'll get locked up! Do you want me to go on? Stop speaking ****. FERKRISESAKE! You're still avoiding the question I presented you with. Twice now.

Well.... you can play baseball, and have athletic events at the blacktown olympic park.... what can you do with the bush beast? :evil: Bonfire?
1.) Ride it if its working again one day 2.) Enjoy looking at it as you drive west on the M4 3.) Enjoy watching it burn, if you're a member of rollercoaster.com.au (it seems) ZordMaker

Good for you. Did you read anything I posted? You're a joker old son and clearly have no idea what you're talking about. If you worked there, you obviously didn't pay much attention and clearly you have no idea what's going on there these days. If you worked there for Blacktown Council, surely you've got contacts to help with your attempted preservation of your beloved Bush Beast. Stick to being the lycra connoisseur, we've had enough of your crap. People are just being realistic in regards to Bush Beast. Not everyone lives in a fantasy world. Wonderland and its rides as we knew them are dead. Go and join old mate Kevin at Luna Park. There's some stuff already heritage listed there, you're set!