new job

Ian

Congrats! If only you were working in Food, then I could use you as a source to get my Cat Burgers cheap, from Gotham City, which are the best chicken burgers I've ever eaten. :) I must admit, I've done hospitality work before, and it certainly isn't the sort of work, short term or long term, I'll ever get back into. Hope I've not ruined your new job :D. If there's one thing that Movie World needs, and that is efficient emplyees, as a frequent park guest, I'm sure you know how 'unfun' inefficiency is - especially when you're queuing for ages for something as stupid as a few donuts (from Yosamite's down near Roadrunner - best donuts from a Gold Coast park).

The ppl at Movie World are always open to a chat reguarding the rumors about the park, but finding the same story twice from two different employies is the hard part. I had a very good source in the attractions manenger of the park, but he has now left the park. So now when we hear a rumor about the park, we can see what rabid has heard/been told and see if the rumor is true.

Welcome to Warner Village Theme Parks Rabid, glad to have you as part of the team! I'll be out at Movieworld for cross-training after the holidays, and I'll keep an eye out for ya. Don't forget to attend Employee of the month nights (there's one coming up soon), John Menzies or Steve Peet always have something to say about what the parks are getting. Best of luck with the new job, cya around the place sometime!

cheers guys sadly for you guys i will be in tourist shop not food. but i prefer the tourist shopping side anyway. also I was told i may also have to work at seaworld some times which is cool for me as i live on main beach pde. also it's great to see a aussie theme park community because it's hard dicussing stuff with americans when you not really there .

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, there are a few things you should know.... very important things about Surfers Paradise nightclubs that only theme park (and hospitality staff) must know: Sunday - 4 free drinks - Cocktails & Dreams Monday - 2 free drinks - Shooters Monday - 4 free drinks - Bourbon Bar (restarts in about 3 weeks) Monday - free pool - Sugar Shack Thursday - 'Theme Park night' inter park competitions, give aways, karaoke, happy hour drinks all night - Sobar. Happy drinking, and again, welcome to Warner Village :D

• 4 years later...