Draft DA Lodged for Wonderland Site

zordmaker

http://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/planning-a...e-park-site.cfm Go look at it. Then send in a response. ALL OF YOU. It should at least say something like: "This is the only suitably zoned site in Western Sydney for a recreational theme park site. Rezoning should not be permitted without at least an equally sized suitable site elsewhere in Western Sydney being suitably rezoned and made available for similar purposes". You should also go on about how the new land use will not generate any more jobs than the old one did. ZordMaker

It should at least say something like: "This is the only suitably zoned site in Western Sydney for a recreational theme park site. Rezoning should not be permitted without at least an equally sized suitable site elsewhere in Western Sydney being suitably rezoned and made available for similar purposes".
Personally I think it should read something like: "Finally the site will be cleared of the rides that have been closed for nearly a year now. Please expedite the DA so that more jobs can be created sooner rather than later." How many jobs did Wonderland provide? Around 300 to 400 depending on the time of year. How many will the 10 or so businesses that will be put on the site provide? My esitmate is around 1000. Now tell me which is better for the area. LET IT GO. It's gone. It's never coming back. Someone cut away Zordy's tight fitting lycra (Bussy shudders). "The Bus is now leaving for Jobs Range, NSW"

I have now looked at the complete proposal at BCC. A response has been drafted and can be found at: http://savewonderland.artelex.com if any of you are interested. Those not interesed need not bother. In fact those not interested need not even bother being here anymore, that is unless you feel that doing 90 down Raby Road in your Datsun is all the thrills that Western Sydney needs. ZordMaker

As much as I'd like to see something remaining, I don't see the Bush Beast being kept standing let alone operating ever again. In all seriousness, if there were somebody who wanted to save Wonderland (and were financially able to) they would've come forward alot earlier. By the way, are there any other wooden roller coasters in the world that've been kept standing without a theme park attatched?

Those not interesed need not bother. In fact those not interested need not even bother being here anymore, that is unless you feel that doing 90 down Raby Road in your Datsun is all the thrills that Western Sydney needs.
I think your reality is seriously whacked Zordy. You are the only person here that thinks that there is any chance or any point in saving an old and derelict ride. So maybe it's you who shouldn't bother being here anymore. Besides I don't have a Datsun, I hate rotaries (I prefer the Lion's myself), I have a VL Commodore and do hellies in the Macca's car park every Friday and Saturday night, is that ok? "The Bus is now leaving for Commodore Peak, Queensland"

• 1 month later...
By the way, are there any other wooden roller coasters in the world that've been kept standing without a theme park attatched?
The Thunderbolt at Coney Island (perhaps made most famous by its unique appearance in Woody Allen's Annie Hall) stood for 18 years between closure and its unfortunate demolition in 2000. Of course this was a ride that was 75 years old at the time of its removal, and of tremendous historical value to Coney Island and Brooklyn. In short, a ride that was most definitely worth fighting for to keep. I don't think so much can be said about Bush Beast on the other hand.

In short, a ride that was most definitely worth fighting for to keep. I don't think so much can be said about Bush Beast on the other hand.
For a 'roller coaster' site, your support, or lack thereof, for the preservation of Bush Beast, is nothing short of appalling. :P:P:P:P Poor old Zordy... :cool: