DaptoFunlandGuy

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rider Cam

• Nothing, I wouldn't want to buy it
    • $0.05 - $19.95
    • $20 - $29.95
    • $30 - $39.95
    • $40 +

There is a difference between an on-ride photo and this.I just don't see much point in buying it-it's just watching yourself on the coaster,I would never watch it.
How often do you look at your on ride photos? This technology has enormous potential and just has to be taken up by a few of the major parks, which I think they will, to really take off. I'm not saying it will replace photos but if it is available as well it will work. I guess you would have said the same thing about on-ride photos when that technology was developing. The discs will have to be available just like the photos, as soon as you come off the ride. It will not work with getting a number to go and get the disc later. I think the self serve kiosks could work but they will have to produce the disc on demand. Also the previews would have to be just a sample as people will have their video cameras recording it. If people are mucking up on the video (obscene gestures, flashing, etc) the staff would just delete that video like they did with the photos on demon. "The Bus is now leaving for The Kiosk, South Australia"

With Glubbos point about them being able to charge $40 per disc, well, that is coming close in price to a whole second day at the park and remember, most people would thinking "rip off" about the prices at the park already and would go :eek: at paying $40, i mean, $40 could buy 2 DVDs and that is like 5 hours of entertainment, versus this being only 30 mins at the max. I would buy it, but only if it were somewhere around the $20 mark.

This technology has enormous potential and just has to be taken up by a few of the major parks, which I think they will, to really take off. I'm not saying it will "
It should. It is very much better than just your standard on ride photo,such as the one from wild mouse at Luna Park Sydney, I have like 10 of those!

I'll get a loan off PattieBoi so I can afford it! Neb, when you've done your Higher School Certificate come back and insult and whinge. I don't care what someone who was born in 1988 says. There are certain exceptions but definitely not you. Alex doesn't really give a rats arse what you have to say to be honest and you are wasting your time. You've got an attitude and a bloody half and you will get your head kicked in as life progresses you A-Grade dolt! Holla when you grow a pube old son! Keep working on that Pez collection of yours.

stevie boy if you are going to quote me please do it properly. It should say:

This technology has enormous potential and just has to be taken up by a few of the major parks, which I think they will, to really take off. I'm not saying it will replace photos but if it is available as well it will work.
The way you quoted me makes it look like I am contradicting myself. I don't think that $40 would be over the top for the average group (4 people). Think about it, people buy an on ride photo for each row that they occupy, in this case 2 rows, the prices of each photos is around $15, that’s $30 for 2 photos. If you get a DVD with these two photos plus the two videos plus stock video of the park, it's well worth the money. "The Bus is now leaving for Contradiction Well, Western Australia"

My $40 thoughts were based purely on their current price for photos. I couldn't see individual photos being stopped because of a DVD of Rides/Park/Shows/Attractions. So, repricing would obviously be required for the photos if a DVD were to be introduced. Great point Gazza. With entry to, say, Dreamworld, being $60, and with a $40 DVD, (that's excluding food and other souveniers), it's getting out of the price range of many visitors (who want a DVD, that is). I'm getting in on an "Adults at kids prices" offer. So I'll spend the $22 on something inside the park anyway. Although I have ride photos from all the rides already, unless they're doing it on The Claw? Would I have put the $22 I saved from the entry on a DVD? Definately.

See? The idea sucks. An please, AlexB, stop attempting to show off your manhood online. Go out and prove it in the real world buddy. You have proven you can analyse what someone has said and pick out useless faults. Congratulations.
See, Nebuchanezzars biggest problem is he doesnt like other people having a thread discussion that is popular, generates a lot of discussion, without reverting to a fight. So he comes in to try and start one. Thanks for the support Daniel, but i really think I can handle this little weed on my own. Back to Rider Cam, its great to see so many people with these ideas. I dont think $40 is too unreasonable. i voted in the 39.95 bracket myself, because most parks round to the "9.95" to make it appear cheaper, and i couldnt see it as 49.95... Bus has a great point as far as two photos compared to two videos on one DVD.... Perhaps they could say charge "39.95 for the first video, $5 for each extra video on the same ride, and $2 for every other ride you go on, stock footage, advertising and all the rest is free....