New attraction for Dreamworld

Richard

I think its the other way around, Teens have a large disposable income, thats why so many teens strut around in expensive clothes with their expensive clothes and regulary just buy whatever they feel like. Families, in paticular, parents have to worry about running the family with their money and dont seem to just buy stuff for the sake of it as much as teens. Still, im hopeful about this, but "New Attraction" could mean that, it could be a ride, but it could be a show as that is considered an attraction too. I think DW will have to try something good, Im doubtful about how much interest BB can still hold, and with MW, SW and WnWSC all rolling out new attractions, they will definitley be feeling the pinch.

Hmm,it's a while away but yes,still good news.Considering that DW's too latest attractions have been The Claw,a flat,and Nick Central,then the next ride may well be a high speed coaster.Dreamworld's also doing well at the moment,and with Warner Village bringing out new rides then that further increases the chances of it being a coaster.Or alarge thrill ride anyway.They're are few things I think DW should really pay attention to for the new ride though,IE. capacity. This ride should bring crowds from other rides to it and hopefully reduce ques.

lol, I was actually going to say a Mack or Intamin water coaster. Scott, you know me, Mack all the way... How can you argue with Mack's new vision statement and dedication to water rides. I think a new ride would be great for Dreamworld. An indoor coaster would be awesome.

I agree Mack coasters look great.Anyway back to the point I don't think an indoor coaster would be that good for DW.DW's rides are about impression and an indoor coaster isn't really their style.I'd love to see a Jurrassic themed flying coaster over the island at gum tree gully,or a B&M floorless at Ocean Parade.

Gazza the majority of visitors to theme parks in Australia are families not teenagers or any other demographic. Families will spend more money in a park than teenagers. They will also spend more time in the park too. So you can see that the park will want to cater for this group. Who cares if it's a Mack or an Intamin for any other brand, for all we know it won't even be a coaster. My money is on a family flat ride. "The Bus is now leaving for Family Rocks, Western Australia"

Scott, I agree completely with the flying coaster idea over the island/gum tree gully. My Dreamworld report thread goes into more detail about that. Personally, I don't know if Dreamworld building a high-speed coaster would be in their best interest right now. It could very well be seen as an attempt at making an 'alternative' to Superman. These parks may have similar rides, but I can't recall them opening competing types of rides within a year of each other. I am assuming that this new "attraction" would be build after the Dreamworld/Coomera Town Centre project? Maybe then it'd be long enough (a year? 18 months?) after Superman to have a big coaster. Maybe a better one once they could learn what Superman will entail. But I am unsure if these Parks should compete ride-for-ride at the same time. Maybe one releases a Coaster (ie MW), with the other releasing a family attraction. But hey, this is a great industry to speculate about and observe!

Dreamworld may get a lot of familys, but som of those familys do have teenagers.
Yes but are they still not families? I would put money on those families having younger kids too. Joz and I are in agreement on this, the attraction has to have a broad appeal. If they don't, the park will start shutting out the majority to cater for the minority. "The Bus is now leaving for Skull Creek Minor Bridge, Northern Territory"