Nintendo DS

Gazza

20 members have voted

1. 1. Nintendo DS

• I will / already have
    • I won't

Ah yes of course, the T1-83, i ended up deleting the games off mine because they mess up with how the graphing side of things is set up. To tell the truth, they arent great, no better than the games on an old mobile phone, but i must admit Dope Famer is a cool little game, no mattter how politicaly incorrect. I recently got hold of a factorising program for it, but i havent had a chance to use it properly yet because in our polynomials test we werent allowed calculators. But anyway, back to the DS.

• 2 months later...
Are you serious? GT is the best simulator that has and probably ever will exist. It's got something like 700 different cars each with true to life characteristics. I can't remember the exact number of track but it's close to 100. Note my use of the word simulator not game. yes i did notice the word simulator, which is exactly what it is, who would want to play a driving simulator when they could be driving in real life, driving wherever they want, any driving games that i would play would be classics like mario kart 64! something that you CANT actually do. although it would be pretty funny to watch sumone hurling turtle shells at the drivers around em. ok, i think everyone should own a ds, it is a landmark in video game history, it is more than a portable, it is an innovation in the gaming industry, (although the range of games now arent all that good, with mario 64 ds and wario ware as an exeption), it has better graphics than alot of ps2 games ive seen, and i do have a ps2 and a gamecube, only got the ps2 for the dvd playing abilitys and a few of the games, nintendo is far better, it has just recieved a bad reputation thanx to sum games, take the pokemon games for example... great games but they have been considered "homosexual" (not that theres anything wrong with that) to play them because of the so very crappy show, u no what im talkin bout, ohh pikachu i love you, u almost died because of me, dont ever run away again. when it comes down to it, pokemon is actually collecting monsters that kill each other. whats "homosexual" or childish about that? the ds got my sister playing it (kinda a bad thing cos she played it alot and got chocolate all over the screens so i had to buy screen protectors) and she was totally against video games, ne way, whoever doesnt own a ds, will be missing a HUGE part of video gameing histor, when were all old and grey we'll see one in a museum, with a caption "the start of a revolution"

yes i did notice the word simulator, which is exactly what it is, who would want to play a driving simulator when they could be driving in real life, driving wherever they want, any driving games that i would play would be classics like mario kart 64! something that you CANT actually do. although it would be pretty funny to watch sumone hurling turtle shells at the drivers around em.
I take it from that comment that you are about 12-14 years old and have never driven, not that there is anything wrong with that. The thing with driving in real life is that you can't drive like you can on GT or any game for that matter. Because if you did, one of two things is going to happen. 1. The cops will get you and you will lose your licence, maybe not straight away but eventually. 2. You will crash the car and either kill yourself, someone else in the car, an innocent pedestrian or someone in another car, or all of the above. Now tell me if you think that what you can do on games like GT is what real drivers do. One more thing, remember to spell correctly and use correct punctuation. Just a heads up before someone else says it. There is a link to the community guidelines floating around somewhere. "The Bus is now leaving for Poplar Drive, Victoria"

On the subject of the DS, I've been playing my friends one lately, with Super Mario DS. It's pretty darned awesome. The graphics aren't on the level that the 64 produced, nor is the sound, but it's pretty damn good for something of it's size. My only complaint with it, is the control system on Mario getting a bit hard in tricky situations, but otherwise, it's great!

• 8 months later...

I've got one and this kid at our school has a PSP and he keeps sayin that there a waste of money and all, (The DS), and that PSP's are way better. Is there anything PSP's can do that DS's cant? Think about that... then think... "What can a DS do that a PSP can't?" The answer is plenty... WiFi, Touchscreen, Awsome Game Line-ups... Why spend an extra $200 when you could've bought 2 DS's?

• 2 weeks later...
I've got one and this kid at our school has a PSP and he keeps sayin that there a waste of money and all, (The DS), and that PSP's are way better. Is there anything PSP's can do that DS's cant? Think about that... then think... "What can a DS do that a PSP can't?" The answer is plenty... WiFi, Touchscreen, Awsome Game Line-ups... Why spend an extra $200 when you could've bought 2 DS's?
Not really into hand held games,maybe 10-12 years ago when I was a teenager and did not have much to do.A mate has a ds,he is a nintendo freak,and my 18yr old brother has a psp.From what i can see the psp is a much superior machine.The problem with the ds seems to be, is that like most nintendo systems that have been brought out the game plays ok,But the actual games suck.