Sign in to follow this  
alexcs

zodiac painted purple?

12 posts in this topic

hey all, it may just be me hallucinating for the past few days, but everytime ive driven westbound on the M4, the Zodiac looks to have been painted purple, with possibly green gondolas. and now that i tihnk about it, i tihnk i saw the whole thing white at the end of last week! can anyone put my mind to rest here?

It's been purple for give or take 5 years Alexis. Green gondolas, no! Unless the Green Goblin finally got his way after dark one night.... And no it isn't white either.... Too much smoking of the wacky tobaccy old son. The arms have not moved for a few months, and it's probably as seized as all ****.

You're definitely hallucinating Alexcs, the Zodiac was painted from blue to purple around mid-2002. I remember because the project manager gave me a drawing to colour in to help them decide the new colours. Besides, why would someone be painting it now?

very strange, but yeah i guess i remember it as blue. but its quite a vivid purple right? from the distance (m4 maccas) the gondolas all look green or yellow, something bright. i guess ive never even noticed it till now.

it is definatley the same purple it always has been, but i was under the impression that the gondolas were already taken off the ends, damn those trees

i was under the impression that the gondolas were already taken off the ends, damn those trees
Bit hard to take them off when both sides have been 15 metres in the air for the last 3 months. :P Don't forget the white gondolas Alex old son.

typical frickin sunway...
Ummm.... Sunway had next to nothing to do with the repainting of Zodiac. Sure there's the cost, but they wouldn't have wasted thier time for the little amount of money it would save them to leave out a few gondolas. For what it was (repainting), all would've been decided by Wonderland's people. As far as I know, Sunway had very little to do with changes like that to the park. Believe it or not some people didn't even know that we had a ride like Dragon's Flight until after the park had closed.

yes but what i mean is that in typical Sunway fashion, the powers that be at wonderland were aware that anything that could be done to save a buck would be helpful and praised by Sunway, so lets only paint 66% of the gondolas and save some more money to throw onto Sunway's Pile...

Alex your criticism of Sunway on this topic is unfounded. All of the gondolas were re-painted. I witnessed them doing some of them. The idiots painted some of the blue and red ones white instead of paining them purple and yellow. This was evident after having morons peeling the paint off to reveal what colour they were previously. All the gondolas are still in place and the arms sit horizontal. It is going to be a bitch of a job pulling the ride apart because of the height and that it has probably seized up. "The Bus is now leaving for Mount Critic Yard, South Australia"

I saw a white one painted technicolour on a few occassions.... You've still got to repaint white Alex. White fades and peels too... I wouldn't exactly call a paintjob on 24 gondolas a major project anyway... Would probably cost them a few hundred bucks. ****, wait... that's heaps!