Log Ride

macboy

Hey Macboy, I don't work for Dreamworld so I can't tell you anything about when the ride will reopen from its annual maintenance but I can tell you that there are heaps of other things to do at Dreamworld and the last few times I've been there I didn't even bother going on it. If you have been to Movie World, and been on Wild West Falls, then you would be a bit disappointed with Dreamworld's log ride. Have fun on the 11th anyway.

That's why it is imperative that you look at the website to check for closures, as macboy seems to have done. macboy, I couldn't see them opening it that much earlier I'm afraid. Enjoy Thunder River Rapids instead! There's still some other water elements in the park. There's a water jet part in the Nick area (near the Tower of Terror), and the Blue Lagoon (although someone posted a thread or two back that only one slide was running). But no flume ride I'd expect. Enjoy your visit! Post here when you get back...

The scariest part of the ride was the possibility of REAL SPIDERS jumping into the boat!
At Wonderland it was not that uncommon to get snakes and lizards (water dragons) getting into the boat while it was going around. It was pretty funny watching on the monitors people jumping around trying to get away from them. It was a hard choice, jump out and risk drowning or stay in and risk getting bitten. Thankfully no jumped out or got bitten. "The Bus is now leaving for Lizard Creek, Queensland"

thought id have another go with the pics. also whats the deal with the dino in the second turn shed bit ????? over all the years ive never got it........did it get lost one day and could not jump? (ps if its a dino....i could be wrong it looks like one) just covering my *^#! :eek: cause some of you can get narky over simple things if people are wrong :D

That's why it is imperative that you look at the website to check for closures, as macboy seems to have done.
That doesn't mean it will help.It wasn't posted on the site that one side of GD would be closed, and it didn't say Reptar would be closed the time I went before that.

Fair enough Scott, but it's still better than arriving at the Booths out front and seeing the closures sign. Nice Pics tailsnosthings, did you have to go past a barrier to get to the ride entry? I like attachment 861 (last pic). I too had a look back down that tunnel. Strange seeing those logs like that!