Sign in to follow this  
kennykoala

tomb raider down

10 posts in this topic

hi all. went to DW today, tomb raider is fenced off, but none of the fake wall is left staanding. you can see gum tree gully thearter again now, the only thing standing is the frame work for the fake wall. I didnt ask my friend about what was going on, i forgot too. General: both sides of the drop were operational. log ride still in rehab. new shade area near the crocodile display(havent been to koala country in awhile so it may not be that new..but looks it.) new picture boards at tiger island. TOT was down, around lunch time, dont know for how long. very windy today down at old dreams:)

A few things about kenny-koala's post: -the shaded in AWE have been up since January -yes, its the wiggles -the tomb raider wall is being dumped right smack bang in the middle of the TB site -TOT, its called an e-brake -GD, who cares, it sucks now anyway Ben "meh" Roach.

thanks for your recap on my post slick, i did mention i hadnt been to awe in awhile so the shade may or may not me new, i was just generaly updating. TOT-its called an e-brake.......r u serious. i was actualy stating it was down at lunch time and dont know how long for, and giant drop i agree with u who cares, but once again i was just letting pple know its at both side operation. i raley go on the drop put ppl r alwasy complaining about only one side working. i hadent been on the drop since mid last year...all i went on for mths was the claw, nothig else for the first few mths since it opend. couldnt be botherd lining up for the other rides.:P

Yeah, it's a bit anoying. Anway, I agree the Claw is the one ride where you can be sure that you won't wait for too long...and it's easily the best flat ride there.

Kenny, I went on the GD, even aware of the one-side only thing. This said, it was only one of my two expected trips to DW so I had to go on it :D I wasn't complaining in my post-visit report, just mentioning that the situation was still occuring. Yeah, it was the lowpoint of my visit, but I was aware that it would be before I went into the Park. ;) Anyone got any more info on the Wiggles show? Paul? Slick?

Thanks, tailsnosthings! Having a nephew aged under 2, I have seen a few of the Wiggles DVDs. One of them is a Western themed one, and I guess it would fit in quite well with Gum Tree Gully. I'm surprised it's so far back in the Park, I'd have thought somewhere nearer Nick, but it's good to see they're trying to attract more people to that area of the Park. How many of you regulars actually go down that way (and around near the waterfall/cave) often apart from accessing ToT/Tiger Island?