Bussy

13 members have voted

1. 1. Tsunami Theme Park.

• Good, life goes on
    • OK if it's educational
    • Simulated tsunami in poor taste
    • All wrong
    • Undecided

Cyclone Tracy destryed Darwin and killed several people.Did this stop DW opening Cyclone? Come on, alot of people died but you can't help that sort of thing and building a park about tsunamis is not going to show any disrespect. As long as it tryed to help raise awarness about natural phenomena and such though.

In some respects it's alright but I also think it’s a little too soon.

Cyclone Tracy destryed Darwin and killed several people. Did this stop DW opening Cyclone?
I don’t think the Dreamworld attraction “Cyclone” was based on the natural disaster that occurred in Darwin. (i.e. it was a coincidence rather than Dreamworld adding the ride since a cyclone hit Darwin).
Come on, alot of people died but you can't help that sort of thing and building a park about tsunamis is not going to show any disrespect.
It could help if a percentage of the revenue generated from the park goes toward the victims who have lost. But the theme park may bring back harsh memories and reminders of the tsunami that struck on Boxing Day of 2004 (it has only been three months). Something like this will always reveal mixed reactions but I’m glad to see no one has voted “Good, life goes on” above ;)

In some articles it is refered to as a museum, and in others a theme park, a museum would be fine since there are museums about a lot of sad things, but i think a theme park is just a bit tacky and disrespectful, I mean would they do a theme park about Gallipoli or Lockerbie for example? Then again, i dont think we will actually see a theme park, many tourist attractions are refered to as theme parks, but the term is often used in a figurative sense and more often than not, its just a interactive museum.

No need to disrespect this website in a PM and then start a fight with Richard and then stop posting for ages until you have all of a sudden started posted again when infact it was better without you here. "bastard" is not considered a swear word, its slang for "A person, especially one who is held to be mean or disagreeable". ...and back to what I said before, it's an OK idea.

I simply named you as a "mentally ill or disturbed person who is mean and disagreeable". I didn't swear at you. I noticed your website was down, moving to a faster server? Anway, I suppose we should keep on topic here, this was my fault... What does everyone else think about the theme park idea?

To answer your question Adam, I really don't want to get offtopic here. So you can discuss the site happenings with me, on my MSN account, PM, or E-mail. For e-mail and MSN, the address here is p_hollibone@optusnet.com.au Let's just stay ontopic here ok. I am here for good, and am not going to cause any conflict with anyone (especially richard). We are all good friends now, and all of my stupidity is has vanished. I Apologise to the people which I have hurt, and I am truely sorry. I know I have given myself a reputation, and I understand that. If you want to know more about the site, bring it up with myself, as this is not the place to talk about the latest happenings. Back Onto topic now.

Scott should Wipeout be re-named because its name and themeing refers to being wiped out by a wave?

Let's just stay ontopic here ok. I am here for good, and am not going to cause any conflict with anyone (especially richard). We are all good friends now, and all of my stupidity is has vanished. I Apologise to the people which I have hurt, and I am truely sorry. I know I have given myself a reputation, and I understand that.
Sorry but I had to laugh at that paragraph. Personally I think it is too soon to the event for this to be happening. It's been 9 weeks since it happened and they are still cleaning up, there are still people homeless, and there are still people who have little or no food. I still think that something that can educate people about what and how it happened, what has/is being done to help the people effected, and how any future tsunami in the Indian Ocean will be dealt with. "The Bus is now leaving for Museums Island, Western Australia"