My Demon Video Tribute

Wonderbuzz

First came The Bush Beast, now it's time for The Demon! It runs at approx 4min 54s, 384kbit/s WMV, 11.7Mb in size. Apologies to those with dial up, I hope I made the video worth your time. Again I've included some facts, ride footage, on-ride footage AND the original 1992 "To Hell and Back" TV commercial. You can download here. Just scroll down to the Free download button, then scroll down again on the next page. There may be a countdown delay before download starts. For those creating Wonderland tribute websites, please feel free to use the link or even host the file yourself, as long as it is made available in it's entirety and unmodified in any way shape or form, and a credit mention would be nice. ;)*** At this point in time I will kindly ask you not to write to me requesting higher resolution, unedited/clean footage, additional footage, images used, etc....... alot of time and effort went into not only producing this video but obtaining the footage, and such requests will be ignored at my discretion. *** Let me know what you all think. Enjoy! :)

Mirrors as promised: http://www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com/Wonderbuz...shBeast348k.wmv http://www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com/Wonderbuz...z_Demon384k.wmv Out of curiosity...on the footage of the bushbeast it appears as if the footage was taken shortly after the ride was built. There appears to be maintainance vehicles alongside the coaster and much of the surroundings is dirt... Is this the only known footage from the construction of the park?

Micka, I would say this video would have been a promotional video, which would have been shot either pre-open or just after opening for advertising purposes. The vehicles visible in the first drop would undoubtedly be other camera positions for the filming of this shoot. It also looks like it was shot before Snowy had a great bit hill built around it, although its hard to tell. Buzz, I am curious to know whether you obtained a copy of any of the "space probe pre show" videos, in particular the Ann Sanders version, with Adam Walters. I had a copy of that in my posession once, when I mixed up a different queue track for Utopia 2001. The footage of the original advertisement for Demon (to hell and back) also brings back fond memories of Wonderland. I anticipate more coming from you, so keep it up, can't wait to see them... Alex.

Micka, I would say this video would have been a promotional video, which would have been shot either pre-open or just after opening for advertising purposes.
The on-ride Bush Beast footage was on a old sales video. There was no specific date on it but it originally ended with a black and white Australia's Wonderland logo. I can only gather that they either wanted it in black and white or that's all they had at the time. ie. colours for logo not finalised. I guess we can only speculate.
I had a copy of that in my posession once, when I mixed up a different queue track for Utopia 2001.
So why didn't you keep a copy of it? What exactly did you mix/change? I'm glad you're all enjoying the videos. With the footage I've got I'll probably only get to do a Space Probe video and that's it. To cap off the "tribute-trilogy" if you will.

So why didn't you keep a copy of it? What exactly did you mix/change?
At the time, I had only ONE VCR, so I could not dubcopy it. I used only the audio portion of the recording, and cut it up to suit my own devices. Ill try and find the Mini Disc I have that still has a copy of it. Very little of the original recording was used, but excerpts of the reports between Ann Sanders and Adam Walters were slotted in between the spiels and music. The music was mixed by one of the performing DJ's at Utopia 2001, and I put it all together into a looping mix for use in the Space Probe Pre-Show. I think Ride Supervisors withdrew this version a few hours after midnight, for what reasons I dont know, but the ops who were manning the ride that night reported to me that it was because they wanted the "official" Wonderland video airing as usual. (i think also because some of the other Dj's complained that their music wasn't used, and they never received an offer for this to occur...)

• 2 weeks later...
I just watched the vid, excellent work, now I really wish I had been able to visit wonderland. They put alot more work into the commercial then DW did with the Claw.
That's when they wanted visitors to come and for the park to make money... They attempted the opposite over the last 5 years and succeeded.