Dreamworld closings

joz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The previous times I visited, the Skylink was only being used by families with kids aged 5-10 and asian tourists. IE People who seemingly hadn't been to the park before. Maybe it's to make room for the flying coaster over the island Sturt loops around? :P As for Repar, that's a surprise! Although on my last visit (Late Feb), they were sending it out about half full... maybe it's getting few if any riders?

I was at dreamworld last Saturday, and Reptar was running with full trains. I went on it twice because a) it was a nice fun ride and b)it was a reasonably short wait like the Claw (unlike Cyclone whose wait times drove me to near insanity in that damn circular room, whoever came up with that idea needs to be shot.) But Reptar was getting a good enough usage anyway when I was there on the 12th and it seemed to be running smoothly.

Just got this email from DW about Skylink and Reptar Thank you for your enquiry about the Kodak Sky Link. The Skylink has closed permanently as of yesterday and will eventually be replaced by new rides or attractions. The Reptar is on an annual maintenance inspection shutdown and repainting has not be scheduled during this particular shutdown.

An Update from me. Skylink is for sale, by Dreamworld. For Sale: "Skylink" Chair Lift Location: Dreamworld Theme Park Dreamworld Parkway Coomera, Queensland. Australia. 4209 Contact Persons: Bob Tan Ph: 61 7 55881188 Fax: 61 7 55881109 John Angilley Ph: 61 7 55881181 Fax: 61 7 55881101 Manufacturer: Ferrari Engineering P/L Australia. Year of Manufacture: 1983. Year of: Commisssioning: 1983. Condition: Good condition. Currently in service. Length of Lift: 312 meters. Comprising drive head/counterweight unit, return bullwheel assembly and five intermediate towers. Number of Chairs: 38 twin seat chairs. Maximum Line Speed: 1.5 m/sec. Capacity: Approximately 600 passengers per hour. Rope Specification: 32mm 6/25 FC RHLL. Power Supply: 415 Volts AC - 50 Hertz. Primary Drive: Holec variable speed drive controlling 11kw AC motor. Emergency Drive: 4.1L Ford petrol engine c/w 3 speed Borg Warner transmission. Reducer: Hansen RDG44ANR – 207.29 : 1 reduction. Ancillary Equipment: Inspection platform, rope lifting frame, wheel service press, spare parts. Site: Access for removal varies from good to restricted. Removal would be performed outside of park operating hours and in coordination with park personnel. Conditions of Sale: As is where is basis. Optional: Disassembled and packed into containers or onto trucks for shipment, at cost, by third party. Documents: Layout drawings, photographs and third party estimated disassembly costs are available to interested parties. Anyone want to buy it?