Disney Land Puts in the highest bid for wonderland

I have seen staff from disney land arrive at wonderland this week looking at the park and see what is left at the park. they are thinking of keeping the bush beast and most of the other rides have gone now , but we dont know where. They have been there all week . they have been taking photos of the site.they had survorys out there as well.They had shirt from disney land on there shirts. i was doing some work for a security compnay out there. so i had to let them in.the place looks like a mess at the moment. i hope we see a better theme park come to sydney. we hope they keep updating the rides and make people happy when they keep it upto date. The rides i have seen so far left at wonderland is - Bush beast - beastie - cable cars - dodgems - tasmaina devil. - river rapids - skyhawk - dodgems i will try to get photos of the park when i am out there this week..i will try to remember to take the camera. Hope disney land or who ever buys it will bring fun back to sydney west people

That sex for Dummies book looks strange:

...expanded coverage of cybersex resources offers tips for exploring sex on the Internet to enhance understanding and increase enjoyment...
Werid stuff there. On the Wonderland stuff, yeah already sold. ING own the site, so I doubt anyone would be looking at buying it, least of all Disney who have never bought a second hand park and probably never will. Also Disneyland is an asset of Disney, not a seperate company. Thanks for the laugh though. :)

Cable Cars = Skylink River Rapids = Gone a long time ago, Demolished as far as I have heard
Cable Cars = Sky RIDER Snowy - The troughs are still there, and as far as the boats, who knows... the only thing that was demolished was the pumphouse and the station. Tasmanian Devil was removed before the park even closed. Conclusion - Sounds bogus to me. he'd read previous posts about potential new parks, and the mention of Disney in there, he combines the two together with a topic that has the most posts of any thread on this site... and voila, a conversation. BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS BOGUS

i was doing some work for a security compnay out there. so i had to let them in.the place looks like a mess at the moment. i hope we see a better theme park come to sydney. we hope they keep updating the rides and make people happy when they keep it upto date. The rides i have seen so far left at wonderland is - Bush beast - beastie - cable cars - dodgems - tasmaina devil. - river rapids - skyhawk - dodgems
It's interesting that you say that you are doing work for a security company out there when it is still Wonderland's old security team that is doing the work. Yes it is not under the Wonderland name anymore but it is still the same team and I can tell you that there are no new guards from what were there when the park was open. As has been said before, Taz, SkyHawk, Snowy and the dodgems are gone and the first two went before the park closed down. If Disney were coming to Sydney, which I doubt, they would not use an existing site of a theme park because people would still associate it with the old park. "The Bus is now leaving for Whyalla Security Range, South Australia"

Not when Lord Zordy wins the battle. I'm reminded of the classic Michael Caton movie- The Castle.  :P   Only this time, the punter will lose.  And somehow I can't see it getting to the High Court.
Just remember.. it's the vibe. And yes, I have a lawyer, and yes, they have a photocopier.. :-) Just to shut you all up.. my own prediction is that Bush Beast will end it's days in a fire deliberately lit under the station, thus rendering the remainder of the structure useless. But hey.. I had to try, didn't I. Crazier things have worked before.. like saving the red rattlers. zordmaker

• 2 weeks later...

hey all. i sincerely doubt that disney would be looking to buy what is left of wonderland. i would love to see a new park around the western sydney area but again i doubt it will be at the ex-wonderland site. especially because of the fact that most of it was demolished to make room for industrial buildings.

I don't think Disney are looking at the old Wonderland site. It is a different location I believe.
You're correct. The "Disney" site is a 30Ha section of the Govt's "new" regional parkland, in this case located behind Blacktown Drive in Cinemas. The issue is directly linked to Wonderland however, as the whole thing has come about due to pressure from BCC to the State Govt that they do not want Wonderland rezoned unless there is another park site reserved in Blacktown to replace it (now.. where have I heard THAT before..). The 30Ha site will be owned by the NSW Govt and leased to the successful tenderer. A total of three groups have expressed interest so far, including Disney. Now in the subject of Bush Beast. BCC's attitude to this is that it is an item of significant local heritage and that they want it preserved. It is likely to become yet another bargaining chip in the deal, with BCC accepting to rezone the 50Ha Wonderland site in return for the State Govt reserving the 30Ha at Prospect for a fun park, with BB being moved there as part of the deal, costs being met by the successful tenderer (a move that would otherwise never have been financially viable). The result? ING get their 50Ha Business park with it's 3B Commercial zoning with blessings from BCC, who get's it's Bush beast and 30Ha major tourist attraction to replace WL, and the State Gov't gets a nice little earner from leasing the new site. Add lots of spin, speeches and credit being taken by those who had nothing to do with the deal, and it might even help Mr Carr get out of the hole that was dug for him by his planning minister on Orange Grove and Mr Gazal. To my knowlege some Disney reps have been out to WL but only to look at the rides and assets on offer (inc BB), it was never considered an option as a site itself. Politics is weaving it's wonderful magic. We'll have to see where it leads in 10 years time won't we, and be left to wonder if it would have still happened if it wasn't for one particular resident who simply wasn't willing to let things go without some sort of noise being made. ZordMaker