SMH Article today -Disney looking at western suburbs...

Skipper

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hats off to bigglesworth003 as I found the doco on some old VHS tapes and it was not of Disneyland, but of DisneyWorld and the appartment story is correct as was last stated. As far as one in DL I could not tell you for certain, unless someone would like to ask the question on westcoaster as some of those readers work at Disneyland. Just a thought....

• 1 month later...
All I am hearing at the moment from the Queensland Contingent of this site is "why don't they build it here"... but I am seeing no valid reasons for why Disney would want to. You have 3 theme parks, a water park, and thousands of other smaller destinations for tourism. how many theme parks has Sydney got? stop being greedy, and stop whinging.
I don't know why I'm quoting AlexB, but after reading this new article (which was pointed out by Screamscape), I just couldn't help it...

• 1 month later...

Being a Queenslander i would obviously love to see it built in QLD (if it ever happens that is) but it is understandable as to why Sydney would like a theme park. Even though their poplution is bigger than ours(QLD)they have no theme parks. We have 4 major theme parks (DW, MV, WNW, SW) plus other minor attractions. No matter what state it gets built in (if it ever happens that is) it will still be great to have on in Oz.

• 5 months later...
That area you describe is a hell of a lot bigger than 30 hectares. There is also the problem of the reservoir, the race track, dump, Regional Park, equestrian centre and heaps of private land in that corridor. I was looking at the UBD today and there is very few places that it can be in. "The Bus is now leaving for Artipena Manganese Prospects, South Australia"
bussy you dont live aroound that area do u?even if u take all of the places u are talking about you still have an area that is a few hundred hectares,i work around that area all of that land is zoned industrail and there is many places around there it can be put.

Oh Crap..... tries to restrain bussy but it is too late....... on a few points - the land IS indeed zoned industrial, so a commercial business such as a disney park would not be able to build. Also - the areas bussy was talking about there are places that won't move aside for a theme park. Bussy was talking about them as being obstacles..... *steps out of the way just in time for the Wonderbus to come roaring through .... kick ass bussy....*

Far you could you have pulled a post from any further back? It took me a GPS locator and my astounding orienteering skills to find it. No I don't live there but did work at Eastern Creek for 7 or 8 years so I know the area very well and as Alex said the land that is available is zoned for industrial purposes, such as the warehouses around the old Wonderland site. The rest of the area it either privately owned, has high voltage power lines running over it, is a rubbish disposal area, is a raceway, has a high pressure main gas line running through it, or has been set aside for the green belt that will run through western Sydney. There is not much if any spare space for a theme park that would want to expand in the future. Oh did I mention the large body of water that happens to supply Sydney with drinking water? "The Bus is now leaving for Big Lake Gas And Oil Field, South Australia"

As a small point of interest, Prospect Reservoir doesn't serve all of Sydney's metropolitan area. I know that Macarthur gets it's water directly from Wollongong's dams, Cordeux, Nepean, Cataract and Avon. Useless information, but an interesting point anyway.
GOOD POINT.AND ANYWAY PROSPECT reservior is closer to cowpasterure rd and not really that close to that area anyway.