Park and Ride Music

I've long been a fan of on-ride and in-park music (and by this I mean original scoring, not commercial music donated for the purpose, unless its from a movie themed the same way), and i'm very curious to learn if there are others out there who share the same interest, and also what they have as well, perhaps to share around? I have: The entire in-park set to Wonderland Sydney, as well as the original Theme Song, also I could be happy, and a lot of the score from "Millenium Magic". I have countless Disney tracks, including Pirates, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Small World, The Tiki Tiki Room, and the opening announcements to a number of Disney Parks. I also have both the Movie World Version of Scooby Doo, as well as the original version taken from the Movie (LaserVision fiddled with the WBMW version to fit the light show). Does anyone else have anything i haven't mentioned? what is it?

Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up goes well with all rides. Seriously though, I think that it would be cool if a coaster was made around a piece of music. Each element of the ride related to a section of the music, the lift would be anticipation music then the drop gets it going and so on. "The Bus is now leaving for Son Of A Bitch Spur, Victoria"

California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure does just that. Each element of the ride is accompanied by perfectly fitting music, blasting out of two speakers found behind each ear. To a lesser extent, Rock 'n Rollercoaster at Disney-MGM Studios achieves much the same (and I assume it's the same with the version at Disney Studios in Paris).

Ive got so much disney park music. I Have all the music from all the attractions Walt Disney built for the 64' NYC worlds fair, disneyland, and DCA attractions and area music and few from paris too. I Love California Screamin' music track it ties in so perfectly to the ride itself as you said Richard. I listen to it on my ipod and its like being on it again, you can picture each part of the ride when listening to the music. Its just great when the music is fitted so perfectly to the attraction, (like on Indy anaheim, splash mountain, etc etc) I think attraction music is a vital part to the attraction as Walt Disney Said once along these lines... "the guest dosen't come out of the attraction whistling the Architecture ..."

its a nice idea Gazza, but whereas the WMP9 images produced on your screen are taken from the audio signal going through your sound card, bear in mind there is a few millisecond delay between when the sound hits your soundcard, and when you hear it. this is enough time for the computer to process the signal into an image using the WMP9 effects. Translating this music into Mechanical motion would take a lot more time, and effort. This could be accomplished only if the motion was preprogrammed, and not random based on the music that was used.

depends on which version of the theme song you are talking about denim dude. the original theme song was quite pleasurable to listen to, and was rarely repeated over and over, more towards the end of the day at closing... the 911 - Wonderland song could get a bit annoying, but as an employee of the park I think i was one of the only ones who actually enjoyed it...