2 New Rides to hit Jamberoo!

Jaggie

Well, put aside all those rumors about Jamberoo closing, I got it straight from the managers mouth on Saturday. 8million is being spent to build 2 new attractions which will start construction when the park closes for the season (May 1st) and will open when it reopens in September. 1st ride- The Wet Races boats will be removed and a 5000 people capacity wave pool will be built. 2nd ride- A Mamoth Falls type ride will be built which will utilise the hilly terrain of the park. This is 100% confirmed, any questions feel free to ask me, newspaper article coming soon when i track it down.

true. for its location i find it very disappointing that Jamberoo has been consistently adding wet ride after wet ride. Yes its true, in that area there isn't much in the way of water entertainment, and also because they are a seasonal park they can get away with it because it is only open in the summer season, but they need more dry rides. I suppose wet rides are cheaper than say... a coaster or similar, but with that hilly terrain, a coaster would be AMAZING! As far as the "mammoth" style ride, theres really only one company around that makes them isn't there? and they're all pretty much the same design, one a falls and one a river style. sure you can make it longer, or more turns, or whatever, but its always going to be a fairly similar variation - theres only so much you can do with a waterslide...

I think you might be missing the point of Jambaroo RECREATION park where YOU control the action... The park has never been about big theme park style rides, its more like a Wet 'n' Wild style of park where all of the 'rides' involve some sort of Human participation. Apart from Water rides there isn't a lot they don't already have, I mean there are the Alpine slides and Go-Karts but there aren't an aweful lot of interative attractions left after that. It used to sit well with Wonderland as the other type of park... pity we don't have that anymore. Look forward to seeing what they come up with.

As far as the "mammoth" style ride, theres really only one company around that makes them isn't there?
Hmm, White water West, Proslide, AWL thats 3 so far. As for a coaster, they should get a Wiegand alpine coaster (www.wiegandslide.com), its like a bobsled ride, but with a fixed track instead of a channel so you can safley go faster.

This is great news! Thanks for the insider info Jaggie. With the wave pool, does that mean that the park will nowextend into the current car park, as the boats are right on the park boundary? With the giant slides, do you know how many are installing? One or two? This is great news though, its always good to see a park owner pump money into new attractions. DJ Rappa, I agree 100%. Jamberoo is all about where YOU control the action. I think that any major rides at Jamberoo would not really suit the park and the area...its definately more suited to a waterpark, and I applaud them for making such a decision.

Rudderga- As for the amount of slides, i have never been on Mamoth Falls at Wet 'n' Wild but to my knowledge it will be similar to that, Mamoth Falls was the example my source used when explaining the ride to me. I think it's great to, it's a family business and they recieve some help from the South Coast tourism dep. Everything that is made seems to be put back into the park. 2002- Surf Hill 2004/05- Rapid River and Billabong Beach 2005/06- Wave Pool and Water Slide and the future looks good. There was also a rumor about a figure 8 slide, maybe that's christmas 2006. On the issue of the park not investing in 'thrill rides' i cannot see a problem with this. The location is only about 5 minutes from the ocean, and from the top of the hill you can see the ocean. Being near the ocean a waterpark is an ideal path to take, and with the best summer ever recorded this year, i would watch Jamberoo as being a major force in theme parks for NSW.

• 7 months later...
Well, put aside all those rumors about Jamberoo closing, I got it straight from the managers mouth on Saturday. 8million is being spent to build 2 new attractions which will start construction when the park closes for the season (May 1st) and will open when it reopens in September. 1st ride- The Wet Races boats will be removed and a 5000 people capacity wave pool will be built. 2nd ride- A Mamoth Falls type ride will be built which will utilise the hilly terrain of the park. This is 100% confirmed, any questions feel free to ask me, newspaper article coming soon when i track it down.
:o eech, tear them all down and turn it back into a Grass Ski Park !!!!!