New Dreamworld Ride

Adam

New Dreamworld Ride! It seems Dreamworld are about to start construction on their next major attraction. No details have been officially released from the park but there are many rumors circulating as to what this ride could be. The ride is being built in the old Thunderbolt site. I found this recent post from rabid…

as for thunderbolt if the area is for the next ride I would think around April 2005 is when work will start construction wise...
DW have a budget and a ride set so next year and so do MW and trust me they will be the 2 best rides in australia.
Most of the rumors I have heard point towards a coaster... Rabid, any updates?

Rumors are Rumors they come and go. And I dont know how many times I have to keep typing this but: I WILL NOT MENTION ANYTHING THAT IS FACT TILL THE PARKS HAVE MADE IT PUBLIC. Please respect my wishes as im in this business for the magic of theme parks. not to give away secrets.

well i havent heard any rumours of late, at dreaworld from my source..:( so i dont know, i havent seen them in a while. the only rumour i got a few mths back was the water park happening, but havent heard anything since. would be good to have a coaster....but for sure the rumours of a coaster, especially if construction was in april would be fully out by now, everyone park wide would know about it, thats in 2 weeks

RUMOR ALERT!!! Ok were to start. The suspended coaster for the Island. The new water park for the old Thunderbolt site. The new coaster for the TB site. The two new S&S attractions that the park will be buying this year. The new dark ride for the old Riverwalk area of the park. The new Inverted pulse coaster for the Island area. These are all rumors that I have received over the last 6mts. The only thing that I have been told is that the new attraction will not leave us wanting at all. I do not know what it is, just that it is world class and new to Australia...which could be just another overstatment by the park. But only time will tell I guess....??

Thunder001, Rumours? All of those you listed fall into the category of "I wish", "I'd like to see", etc. I can't recall these being rumours.

RUMOR ALERT!!! Ok were to start. The suspended coaster for the Island.  The new water park for the old Thunderbolt site.  The new coaster for the TB site.  The two new S&S attractions that the park will be buying this year.  The new dark ride for the old Riverwalk area of the park.  The new Inverted pulse coaster for the Island area.   These are all rumors that I have received over the last 6mts.  The only thing that I have been told is that the new attraction will not leave us wanting at all.  I do not know what it is, just that it is world class and new to Australia...which could be just another overstatment by the park.  But only time will tell I guess....??

Glubbo, I distinctly remember seeing the majority of the rumours thunder001 posted. I am not sure what is meant by "The two new S&S attractions that the park will be buying this year", but other than that, I remember seeing all the other rumours on our r-c forums.

Glubbo, the majority of the rumors that I receive come through the construction industry of which I am a part of. If there is something being built in Australia and one of my friends within the industry hears about it, then they let me know. The other rumors come from people working at the parks that I meet while in the parks, like other people on these fourms. The rumors that I have defended in the past, like the Scooby Doo Coaster, the moving of the Skull at the TOT, the removal of the Thunderbolt have all come true, so that would tell you that not all of the rumors I receive are rubbish. There is allways some rumors that are truth and will happen. As far as the S&S Rides rumor, that one has been around for the last year or so and is ment to be part of the new Town Square that the park was planning to build with the hotel. The two rumored rides were the Fly Swatter and a second ride that I can't remember at this time. This was also around the time of the rumors about the park buying rides from Huss, mainly the Gyro Swing version, but they went elsewhere for that. Just so you know where they all came from....a great man once said " Ask and you shall receive". :)

Thunder001, what I ment was that of all of those that have been mentioned here, they were always mentioned in the vein of "I'd like to see", "they should build", or "I wish they...". As you've now said, you've been getting the same descriptions from outside of these forums, from your contacts. Unaware these were genuine rumours outside of r-c, I see where you are going. Like you I too want something more concrete, be it from your contacts, the people who know people here, or wherever.

^No trouble, but I get asked the question so much I thought that I would let all know one more time where all the info I get does come from. Another rumor that is an old one, that the TB site will be for a new B&M Coaster. Last time I was talking to people within the park, I was told that they were looking into a new coaster design/builder for the park that would make it one of a kind within Australia. This was around the same time as Cyclone was under construction, so take this rumor as you wish, but only time will tell us all what the parks next big thing will be.