New water attraction for Dreamworld

Drewboy

Hey guys, I have a question for you. When you look at Dreamworld's two water rides, rocky hollow log ride and thunder river rapids, they seem fairly dated/primitive compared to Movie World's Wild West Falls. It would a logical assumption to make that Dreamworld will have to invest in a new water ride over the new few years or so. Out of all the water rides available which Dreamworld could install, which do you think would be the most thrilling and have the latest technology and where would you like to see it positioned in the park? Personally I would like to see an Intamin Super Splash with heavy themeing such as http://www.intaminworldwide.com/fenster/i_...supersplash.htm . What do you guys think?

I would love to see something crazy like Perilous Plunge put in. It needs to be themed well (read: no bloody scaff towers) and with any luck we wouldn't get the harnesses. It is one amazing ride, almost as impressive from the midway as when coming over that drop!

Anything thats better then Creature Cruise. :) I can't think of a single water ride for Dreamworld. Really, the dark water ride is really the only thing they don't have but where could you put one? Perhaps a Spongebob themed dark water ride in Nick Central behind the Bumper Bowl (or what ever its called these days), though thats almost too similar to the Looney Tunes darkride in Looney Tunes Village at MW. Hmm, I've kinda drawn a blank here, can you believe it?

I agree with you djrappa, Perilous Plunge would be a fantastic water ride to have. If Dreamworld was to get it, I would really hope that they cover up the supports with some sort of themeing because pictures of Perilous Plunge make it look as though its some temporary sort of attraction with those hidious supports. If we did get it, I don't know how keen I'd be to go on it without harnesses. :confused: (I'll get back to you on that, LOL) joz: Anything would be a vast improvement on Creature Cruise. That 'ride' in my opinion was the worst 'investment' Dreamworld has ever made. I think the Skylink was more thrilling.... :P

I don't know joz, wouldn't that be too close to Tiger Island? I think they'll avoid anything there, maybe something down past Billabong BBQ & Buffet. Not that I can add any other option as a good water ride...heh. :o

Anything thats better then Creature Cruise. :) I can't think of a single water ride for Dreamworld. Really, the dark water ride is really the only thing they don't have but where could you put one? Perhaps a Spongebob themed dark water ride in Nick Central behind the Bumper Bowl (or what ever its called these days), though thats almost too similar to the Looney Tunes darkride in Looney Tunes Village at MW. Hmm, I've kinda drawn a blank here, can you believe it?

To tell you the truth, I dont think a water ride makes that much noise, if the "river" parts of the ride were near tiger island then there would be no problem because all there would be is the sound of water gently flowing. people wouldnt scream on those parts either. The final drop could be placed in a way that if faces away from tiger island. They could also use a sound barrier like on WWF to keep things quiet.

As I have said before in previous posts, I think a Perilous Plunge would be a perfect fit for Dreamworld's Ocean Parade. I was hoping this would be the new addition we'd see instead of the Claw. A large water ride would have suited the area a lot better than a gyro swing themed as an animal's claw. And sorry Dreamworld fans but I am still not convinced by that particular theming choice. I always wondered what Creature Cruise was like. I remember seeing it advertised on TV and the next time I visited the park the whole ride was cemented over. Apparantley it was created 'in-house' by Dreamworld's staff and was a total failure. For anyone that got a chance to ride it - can you please give us some details

Creature Cruise was the lamest thing i've ever seen. I'm pretty sure it opened with TOT did. You got into these little "cruise vessels" and went through this indoor bit with animal displays and stuff, then you travelled on until you reached the outside and the vessel just continued around passing a lot of bushes and shrubbery, and towards the end there was a live dingo display. I have no idea why they built this ride, it was a total waste of space - I guess that's why it lasted for a short period of time.

That looks like a pretty cool ride. Just a shame it sort of has the PP thing going where the main part of the ride is held up by scaff type looking truss structures, not very attractive. A shame given the nice job they look to have done theming the station. If it were to be a Mack coaster I would prefer to see something a little bit more substantial than a lift, turn, drop as that appears to be. If you did just want to go for that sort of ride I'd be going with the Intamin model.

On a side note, there's a ride very similar to Creature Cruise at the Pig Pineapple, but rather then being themed to animals, its themed to plants. Exciting stuff too, the ride was that bad that is worth twice the admission price. Also don't forget that Creature Cruise went past a Couger display, which was meant to give the ride some appeal.

A Mack Water Coaster like Journey to Atlantis would be pretty cool. http://www.rcdb.com/ig1904.htm?picture=6 Actually, I have found what I really want - an Intamin Aqua Trax like Atlantis Adventure at Lotte World. http://www.rcdb.com/ig1646.htm?picture=21 http://www.rcdb.com/ig1646.htm?picture=19 http://www.rcdb.com/ig1646.htm?picture=20 http://www.rcdb.com/ig1646.htm?picture=18