How's the TOT-ler?

Slick

Hi there again. Just before i begin, my subject is purely just to get people to view this post, and considering i have a whole gallery of the Tower Of Terror on my bedroom wall plus over 50 photos on my pc of the Tower Of Terror, i am in final, i TOT freak :rolleyes: ..... Anyway, back to the point...... Has anyone heard any info of late about the Tower Of Terror? I should be getting some soon when i go there on the 21st but that's still a long way away. PS: Does anyone have some photos of the computers etc. used for the Tower Of Terror or the staircase that runs up the middle of the Tower itself? any would be greatly appreciated :D

• 4 weeks later...

I love the speed of TOT as im a speed freak, but lets be honest IMO TOT is a one trick pony meaning the 1st time you do it, it is great but after that it quiet borning in the fact that it is over to fast and you know what you are going to get. In sayin that its a great ride to have down here , I remember the 1st time I went on superman at sfmm (TOT type clone) and standing in the queue I was like man that looks scary. anyway in 30 days I will get my XCELLERATOR fix yay

Tower of Terror is a one trick pony and everything else, but let's face it, that launch doesn't get any less intense, those G's don't get any less, and that 6 seconds of absolute bliss don't get any shorter. It's a fantastic ride every time... of course having said that, I'm not going to queue more than 10 minutes for it (thanks to Dreamworld's operating proceedures, it means you can be first in line and still wait 15 minutes). Try different and exciting things when riding either TOT or GD (and indeed Space Probe) to make the rides more exciting. Of course, I don't have to tell you that safety is paramount (one of the many good lessons that comes out of rock climbing). I'll leave it to your imaginations. :)

On that note from Richo, when you ride TOT again, sit in the outside seat and when up the top of the Tower, stick your arms out to the side and look out in that direction. Last time I tried it, ( the only time) I thought that I was falling out of the seat. Weird feeling but as stated before, something different.

anyway in 30 days I will get my XCELLERATOR fix yay
If you like the launch on TOT then Xcel is going to blow it away! Nothing like that instant 0-80mp/hr launch out of the station from the Rocket Coaster...much better than the acceleration of the LSMs. The other thing I love is just as you start the decent after you crest that hill and your just looking straight down on the road below. I think that really makes the ride is the seats themselves, would be nothing like the same experience if you had to deal with OTRs!