Has Anyone here Brought a Coaster Dynamix Kit??

Skipper

Just wanted to find out if Anyone here has brought one and how much did it cost for shipping to Australia? They look like alot of fun to play with and I'm giving some serious consideration to placing an order for the dragon - anyones reviews or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I'd be curious to know if anyone who has got one has tried to re-create Lethal Weapon?? Thanks www.coasterdynamix.com

Pah! Coaster Dynamics indeed, they do look like fun, but nothing can beat the satisfaction of building a scale model of your favourite carnival ride (or roller-coaster or log flume). So my thoughts are that instead of spending your money on one of these insanely popular, fun looking yet kinda unrealistic roller-coaster kits, you should spend it on a nice scale Faller model. That's what I did. Much thanks for young HussRainbow for introducing me to them. But uh, yeah, the models are quite cool (and harder than the coaster kit ones), so I'd give it a serious thought before you spend your money on the coaster kit. I get mine from the big hobby shop in Sydney, the one in Campbelltown doesn't have em. Give it some thought.

I bought the Dragon model coaster from CoasterDynamix in December 2004 - it's excellent. Expensive but worth it. Shipping cost around $150 (it only took 4 days to get to my front door) but look out for the hidden GST and customs costs; they cost me another $150!! Costs aside, it really is fantastic - it's exactly what I've always wanted so I had to get it! It works even better than I thought it would. :)

Can you get them in stores here???...which Hobby shop are you talking about?? If I know I can just walk into the store and take it home Ill buy one straight away. I feel the same way about them as Evan, I always had wanted something exactly like it since I was a kid and the fact that you can get extension packs and just design build and tweak your own layout is very very cool!!

So my thoughts are that instead of spending your money on one of these insanely popular, fun looking yet kinda unrealistic roller-coaster kits, you should spend it on a nice scale Faller model.
Hey neb where excatly were you buying faller models from in australia? Ebay? Just wondering

^ Hey dude you reckon you could tell me the width of the track, from outside to outside of each rail to the millimeter and the diameter of the rail, i want to just buy a train and i am making the track from metal, but dont want to buy the train if i cant get the right size metal for the rails. willsy

To Dr. Teeth, I buy my Faller models from Hobbyco in Sydney, which is above HMV in Pitt Street Mall. I'm sure that your local hobby shop would have some Faller models, so you never know, check them out anyway. They're quite expensive, with the most expensive one being about $500 and the cheapest being around $100, the non ride models (such as buildings and such) made by Faller are cheaper, and of course, the bigger the kit, the more expensive.