Uphill Slide

Here is something that I have come across. The WhiteWater waterslide company have developed something new to be premiered at Kalahari Resort in Sandusky, Ohio. "The Zip Coaster" will allow riders to 'accelerate uphill'. The website says that the ride uses converyor belt technology, which makes me wonder how fast the uphill sections would be. There is not a lot of information on the ride, but Here's the link. Would be great it Wet 'n' Wild were to get something new like this with the $20million update!!! What do you guys think???

Not sure if this is the same thing but I've seen this sorta thing before. I cant remember exactly how long ago or what show it was that put it on, but I did see uphill waterslides on some tv show a few years back. Would have been getaway or something else like that. About the only thing im sure on was that these slides were in america. So im not so sure this is a totally "new" idea. As it was a fair while back....5+ years or so back that i first saw this kinda thing...

No Joz, but a similar idea. The disney version uses waterjets, which judging by the report on miceage, does experience problems with weight variations on riders, and not being able to propel some riders, some of the time. this new Zip Coaster style idea utilises what looks to be a high speed conveyor belt. Something that concerns me about something like that is the potential for a foot or an arm to get caught in "said belt"

I have always thought this style of slide would be the perfect addition for WnW. My only concern is that they are going to be removing an existing slide to install the new slide. Surely this is not a great idea considering one of WnW's biggest issues is capacity. The simple fact is the park is still in need of MORE waterslides. The last few years only brought us the terrible Whirpool Springs

• 3 weeks later...