April Update

Bussy

I know it's not quite April but this is going to cause quite a bit of discussion and seeing as there is only 2 hours left of the month I didn't think it would matter. The latest update is that a cyclone fence went up around Bush Beast today. As you may or nay not know the only reason a cyclone fence is put up inside a fenced area is for construction/demolition work. Now considering the ride has been closed for nearly a year now I can't see them adding a section of track or replacing part of it so that only leaves one option. Demolition. "The Bus is now leaving for Nugget On The Fence Dam, Western Australia"

Go and chain yourself to the back curve now Zordy old son! Beat the 'Dozers!!!!
It's more likely that the fence is to keep unwanted visitors out as the rest of the site is due to become a demolition site. Demolition requires approval from Blacktown Council, and they have already stated that this will not be issued for BB until their own heritage study is complete. I don't think the current owners will want to completely f*** their chances with Council by defying their own orders, otherwise the chances of them rezoning the site will reduce to almost zero. ZordMaker

or he could try and hide the structure in a large tent made of lycra...
That comment is wrong on so many levels. Bad Alex bad.
Excuse me young man, we need to knock down this wooden rollercoaster here which you are standing in front of. Zordys reply: What wooden rollercoaster?
He might try a David Copperfield style trick like what he did with the Statue of Liberty. "The Bus is now leaving for Copper Knob, Tasmania"

I seen the fence round the Bush Beast today . I would say shes coming to the ground in the next few weeks. Ive heard there romour also that The Wonderland Site will be come the new site for Flemington Markets. This makes sense seeing as the Land is next to main Hwys into and out of sydney. Cheers Shaun

****, Flemington just got a hell of a lot bigger... :P Bring down the Beast. Bus and myself will be there to see that bastard hit the deck. Demolished/dismanted... Who cares? Just bring it down so the diehards can attempt to get on with their life. Do everyone a favour and run your post through a friggen spell checker next time! Kindest Regards old son. That would make me a much happier chappy.

It makes more sense that the land is used as a market place then to be keeps as a Theme park in a industrial Site. I have read so many post here about wonderland . The fact of the matter is this. Wonderland is closed. Sure its sad state of affairs . But no matter what is said on a forum its not going to change the fact Wonderland is gone.

I have read so many post here about wonderland . The fact of the matter is this. Wonderland is closed. Sure its sad state of affairs . But no matter what is said on a forum its not going to change the fact Wonderland is gone.
From what I have gathered on the forums WL was really a love or hate park. Some seem glad it's gone. I'm pretty dissapointed that it's gone because I never got to go and it looks like the the sort of park that makes you feel like you're visiting an old friend every time you go, like DW. Wish Sunway hadn't taken over :(

I didn't have a problem with it either. I understand that there are guidelines however, it isn't like he did the whole thing in acronyms or something like that. With regards to the BB ( sorry I used an acronym there ) I feel that it should be demolished. Wonderland is gone & there's nothing more depressing IMO ( another acronym ) than a rotting old abandoned wooden coaster. I saw one at Coney Island in New York years ago & it just looked so sad. If it is preserved, I would imagine that it's going to cost tax payers a lot to keep it in a safe condition.

There is now a development application for the Wonderland site. It can be found here and the details follow. Proposal title: Coles Myer National Distribution Centre and Associated Support Infrastructure, Eastern Creek, Blacktown LGA The proposal involves the development of a Coles Myer National Distribution Centre and associated support infrastructure at 100 Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek. The proposed facility would be used by Coles Myer Ltd as a National Distribution Centre for the purpose of receiving, storing and supplying retail outlets with predominately supermarket products as part of its Food and Liquor Supply Chain. The proposed facility would have a total area of approximately 66,565m2 and would operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Location: 100 Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek (Lot 11 DP 1025320) LGA: Blacktown Exhibition location: The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources (DIPNR) will exhibit the DA and Statement of Environmental Effects (SEE) from Thursday 7 April 2005 until Monday 9 May 2005, during regular business hours at: Information Centre, 20 Lee Str Also on exhibition at: Blacktown City Council, 62 Flushcombe Road, Blacktown; and Nature Conservation Council, Level 5, 362 Kent Street, Sydney DA Number: DA-59-03-2005-i Planning instrument: Section 76A(7) of the Act as it satisfies the criteria of State Environmental Planning Policy No 34 - Major Employment Generating Industrial Development Applicant: PacLib Industrial Pty Ltd Submission to: Major Development Assessment, Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Natural Resources, GPO Box 39 SYDNEY NSW 2001 Reference: DA-59-03-2005-i Closing date: Monday, May 09, 2005 Further Inquiries: Chris Ritchie 9228 6413 "The Bus is now leaving for Sale Special Developmental School Victoria"