ScreamWorld......good & bad points

Well yeah i screamed but what a great night........ ish Over all it was a great night and i had a ball, but there are a few things. 1. 30 min wait for 5 groups of people to go through for cyclone (which we all know about its issuses) 2. Dont tell the line up of tower of terror that the car over shot the brakes and is getting pushed back in place and may take up to 25-30 mins. 3. Dont shut the ride lines at 930 just because its a 10 close ( i asked a attendent for $5 bucks back as thats half an hour of my money gone to watse.....she was not impressed :mad: ) 4. Have it 6.00pm till 10pm lines close 930pm rides close 10 if your in the line you will get a ride..... 5. I fully understand the noise levels and that dreamworld must follow them. 6. Have all seats working on each side of Drop if your going to have an event like this......(didnt get to ride it due to lines closing) 7. Get some one else other then ummmm whats her name?????? to sing. 8. Make the event 18+ 9. Put up fences so the guards dont look so ruddy bored blocking no go areas 10. Get rid of the annoying people bashing on the drums.... They were the points i found with the night. Dreamworld you did well...... lets see more like this..... or keep the park open till 10pm and have a late night entry at just that $30 6pm-10pm What do you think....... :P

I had a good time tonigh also, alot better than last years! i found the quese not to bad overall...some were long byt know-where near the mess they had last time around. I was glad to get on the drop this time round...i went on it at approx 7-20 and i had to wait for 4 rides...the queue was only single file in the building:). however when i had my tirn i came out th exit to find ppl starting to go up towards the first queue house. you must admit ...im talkiing to the ppl who went last time...the queues on some of the rides....e.g..runerway raptor, bumber bowl were non exsistant this time, unlike the last raptor had a line right out to the very front entry of the ride. even the mine ride was only using two line spaces for the most part that i saw...now on a weekend the line for this normaly concumes the whole queue house. on a whole i thought it was a good night, with the oppurtunity to get on nearly everything. The 2000ppl cap really helped. the only bad comments i have would be that, we have tamin and the fireworks on tonight.....however nowhere in the park did it mention the times these events would take place. I actually got the times from the operator announcing the times on the reef diver..lol. *really you would have thought the would have put a sign up in a few places saying Tamin live @ 8-30 fireworks @9-45. By the way the fireworks i thought were quite good, i thought they may of just put on a crappy show..but i liked it:)....although my car did get coverd in gun powder and depree from the fireworks...lol alot of the cars in the top carpark were coverd too... i only washed mine tuesday:P in closing...i make thse final comments. *the park didnt look as good inside as they did for fright night. (i really liked the lights all around the park and the fog last time it was a good dress up for the park. *and seeing asthere was no dj stands like the last time (they had 2 last time one near bb cafe and at wipeout,,,, they should of had the music pumping louder down the main street not just when tamin came on.

4. Have it 6.00pm till 10pm lines close 930pm rides close 10 if your in the line you will get a ride.....
It simply isn't possible to do something like that for a few reasons. 1. To have a 6pm start wouldn't allow enough time in between to make sure the day's crowds had finished and exited. 2. Not enough time to clean. 3. Not enough time for the rides to be checked again. 4. A guaranteed ride after lining up before 9.30 can't occur, what if the queue is 1 hour long? What if there are ride problems which delay the cycles. If you know that there are laws against them going past 10pm then you would know there is no way of doing it unless you stop the night even earlier, at like 9pm at the very latest, or just following the procedure they are now. I think the ticket sales were just right this time around, perhaps even 1500 would be suitable if they are going to charge $30, and make it such a regular event. Gates should open 6.15 to give a bit of time for the 2000 people to get in and have maximum time in the park Rides open 6.30 Rides off at 10pm regardless, it was well advertised this time to everyone that they may not get a ride, continue that and all will be fine.

• 4 months later...

I won't start a new thread, but rather will bring this one back from the grave and leave my observations of the last Screamworld event (3rd September) in here! First thing I noticed was there were people entering the park by at least 6.20, and many rides were operating with people on them by that time. Kudos to Dreamworld for getting things underway so quickly! The other thing (which really surprised me) was how quickly we got onto rides. Giant Drop in 25mins (It did get much longer after we left but it was cycling quickly), ToT was the same, 10mins for Eureka, 30 mins for Claw, Reptar a walk on, two - three cycle waits on Wipeout for most of the night. The only thing we couldn't ride was Cyclone, which was no big loss. The smaller Ocean Parade rides were Walk on, as was most everything in Nick Central. There were also DJ’s set up in the big queues playing 2002 R&B music. Not exceptionally entertaining for me, though I could see other people in queue dancing, so I say go with it. :P There were also signs up everywhere telling people what time the queues were to be shut off for each ride. That in my mind is a great way of dealing with the "How do we get everyone off the rides by 10PM?” problem, and seemed to work well where I was. I would really recommend Screamworld to those who haven't been to one before. I can only comment on what I saw, and from what I saw I thought it was well organized, and well executed. The crowds were well managed/behaved; the park looked nice, and Giant Drop at night… :unsure::lol::D Making it 18+ is a silly idea in my mind. If its 18+ then everyone's just going to get drunk and act like idiots. Only one place last night was selling alcohol, and it worked perfectly. Now if only we could get SW and MW to stay open late for night trade...

Making it 18+ is a silly idea in my mind.  If its 18+ then everyone's just going to get drunk and act like idiots.  Only one place last night was selling alcohol, and it worked perfectly. Now if only we could get SW and MW to stay open late for night trade...
I was gonna say the same thing, DW is a family park, if they made it 18+ than they would kind abe condraticing themselves in my opinion. Sure not many families will go because of the times but there are some that will go, when I went to the one in May there were quite a few people with 8-12 year olds so 18+ wont be the smartest move for DW. My brother went to this one, kept texting me "going on [ride] now" and it sounded like he was having a fun time, which is more than what we had in May so it sounds like DW is slowly learning how to handle these type of events. I think MW at night would be awesome but DW have alot of rides so the que times are kind of split up between them where as MW only have what 3 rides that they would have open? [batman, scooby & lethal] so that might kinda be hard unless they have like 600 people or something.. Edited by lisalila

I went to Screamworld on Sat nite and boy was i shocked.My 2 sisters and i went to the one in May and found queue lines too long.but Sat nite was awesome.I was the 5th person on the Claw then had to wait 2 cycles for the Cyclone.Waited 20 mins for the T.O.T. as it broke down.Got on the reptar with in 3 mins.Waitted 45 mins for the Drop then 30 mins for the mine ride then waited 27 mins for the Claw which was my final ride.All in all i had a great time.My sisters didn't want to go after last time so they missed out on a great time.One of the workers in the Cyclone shop told me that the reason why the queues were short was due to some event in Brisbane.(can't remember the name) She said that 750,000 ppl were there.

Although I havent been to Dreamworld for screamworld, I have been for special events (Tomb Raider Opening, Claw Opening, etc) and the lines were non-existent (2 minutes wait for the TOT). Anyway its just that i see $30 just to go for a few hours a night is not worth is especially because the experience was not that different. What Dreamworld should do is do what Wet'n'Wild does. Keep it open late on Saturday nights (and maybe Friday/Sunday night), show a movie in the Imax theatre have a full day pass ($70) or a night pass ($20) and just cut out the entertainment.

I don't see what difference RiverFire would've made, since Dreamworld was saying that tickets were sold out anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if it helped or not but on Saturday nite the queue lines were very short.Untill 8 pm when it started to beome long. Edited by dreamworld_rulz

I'd just like to point out on soemthing with the whole "18+", seriously mate, you're way over your head on that one. 1)They actually banned liquor from night events especially when a few "bad examples of things going wrong" occured on Fright Night last year. 2)Did you know that well over 50% of people at Screamworld were actually local teenagers? Guess not, however I do agree that the whole night was kind of like a school yard type affair where guest relations basically yelled at people to get them round, not that it wasn't midly funny, just unprofessional. Yeah, it's funny to note "dreamworld_rulz" why you think the lines started getting big at eight at night. You think that people come in at like ten to eight going "I spent thirty bucks on this ticket just so I can go on some rides for less than two hours?!" I think not.