Unkown Coaster Tracks on truck

zoggyno1

Today i was driving down the Southern Expressway in Adelaide and there were a few large trucks driving down the road. The Trucks had around 5 Coaster tracks, on the back of it and were painted Blue and Red. Not too sure were this would be going as Adelaide doesnt have an actual themepark it only has Greenhils, Puzzle Park and Lakeside which would never have a proper roller-coaster.

Joz, you said that it's being built cheaply because it's being made in Nerang. How much of a saving are we looking at by building it locally? Can you say that our $12M ride will be the equivalent of say a $15M ride, or don't you know specifics like that?

And the blue and red colouring seems perfect for a superman coaster anyway. I think that is the colour of several other Superman rides around the world. Although perhaps a roller-coaster being built in a themepark somewhere else in the world is having its track made in Australia and then exported out to them? That is my only other explanation for why the tracks were in Adelaide.

From my information the track is being made in Nerang and the low cost of transporting the track would help in keeping the cost of the ride low. But to the best of my knowlage the info I received was only rumor, so I guess there is only one way to find out....keep watching the park!!! P.S. Wasn't DW surpose to get a new attraction this year that has to do with the closure of the chair lift....Ride closure and new construction planned might just equal a Hyper, or am I reaching.......??

Unless somone has decided to order some super sized curved lighting box truss in a red and blue colour I don't think there is any doubt that it must be destined for movie world. It could be anything like the supports are being built in Nerang but the company is not tooled up to do the track or anything like that. They may have still won the bid even factoring in shipping large amounts of the track up from an external supplier... It's only a number of days to get the truck up the Qld so how about we just wait and see if it rocks through the front gate in the next day or so and then we can make a safe bet about it. I'm sure Rabid will let us know when there is track on site even if he can't say anything else. ...speaking of him, anyone seen him around in the last few days? He's not returning my messages :(

Ill be keeping an eye out since the trucks may come through my town since Shepparton is along one of the main Melbourne to Brisbane routes. They could be going along the princess hwy to melbourne, then up the hume hwy, then up the GV hwy and onto the Newell hwy. Another thing to note, I couldn't find any steel fabricators based in Nerang on www.yellowpages.com.au.

P.S. Wasn't DW surpose to get a new attraction this year that has to do with the closure of the chair lift....Ride closure and new construction planned might just equal a Hyper, or am I reaching.......??
If this was the track for a new Dreamworld coaster then we would have heard about it long ago. It sounds to me as though Superman is on his way up to Queensland.