My Space Probe Video Tribute

Wonderbuzz

The trilogy is now complete with The Space Probe. It runs approx 3min 33sec, 384kbit/s WMV, 8.02Mb in size. On par with my previous videos it includes facts, on-ride footage AND the 1995 "Space Probe 7:The Ride" TV commercial. You can download here Just scroll down to the Free download button, then scroll down again on the next page. There may be a countdown delay before download starts. For those creating Wonderland tribute websites, please feel free to use the link or even host the file yourself, as long as it is made available in it's entirety and unmodified in any way shape or form, and a credit mention would be nice. ;)*** At this point in time I will kindly ask you not to write to me requesting higher resolution, unedited/clean footage, additional footage, images used, etc....... alot of time and effort went into not only producing this video but obtaining the footage, and such requests will be ignored at my discretion. *** Well, that's it for now. Enjoy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

a quick online google search will find you a program to convert wmv to avi, mov, or pretty much any other format. most programs are free... Wonderbuzz is quite busy, and i doubt will be able to fulfill this request, which is specifically why he asked not to receive requests on modifications, different resolutions, images etc.

the thing is none of these programs work on my computer. It is a NON-Windows computer, which means it cannot run windows programs. All of these programs are windows based. I have yet to see one for OSX, but saying that, I have not really looked that hard, mainly because the internet here at school (I am a boarder, and dont go home much) is blocked to s*!t. The blocking is so bad, that 90% of the time, even their own website is blocked, because it, for some reason infringes the 'rules' that the school has defined for automaticly blocking sites. Having said all that, it doesnt really worry me if it doesnt get converted, as I am going home tomorrow and we have a windows box there! (I forgot I was going home, thanks for reminding me, well, for making me say wumthing that reminded me, lol!) PS - yes, I think in very strange ways, that is why everything is all muddeled up......well I think it is :confused:

Great video bud, keep them coming. :) One item of interest, which I have received from a reliable source and that was not shown within any of the footage on the video, is the short-lived use of the hatches which would close down over the top of the cabins and around the Main Shaft of the Space Probe. You may have noticed these hatches as you lifted off from Loading Station, below the cameras used to take On-ride photos. They were pneaumatically driven and contoured around the bay of each cabin, notched at the point to go around the rails at the shaft and would close in together to block out any vision upwards. Also noticable was the "theming" to the corrugated iron sheet cladding on the outside walls. The sheets were left long and cut back with jagged edges to simulate that the cabins had burst out through the roof. The idea was that the guests would run through the Pre-show and then be rushed onto the cabins to escape the "Alien Invasion". At this stage. the hatches were closed and the loading area was thick with smoke from a smoke machine with bursts of light beams, audio and strobing lights. Once loaded, the hatches would open and the cabins would rise up and into the Mushroom. Everyone knows the rest of the story. Apparently, this part of the show only lasted a short while due to the time that it took to go through these steps for each cycle. As time went on, the novelty of the ride wore off for Wonderland Management until there was no Pre-show at all. Can anyone remember this? Your comments will be most welcome. :D

it is well remembered, and removed only because of the addition to cycle timing.... it took a couple seconds for these hatches to retract.... and that means more than an extra 100 people per hour... so it was ditched... although safety could have been a factor to it as well, can you imagine dropping only to have the hatches close before you reach the bottom???